TOYOTA DEALER UPGRADE EVENT

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
davewaller

TOYOTA DEALER UPGRADE EVENT

Post by davewaller » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:53 am

Been invited to my Dealer's special Upgrade event where I willbe offered special discounts on new models etc. Seems a nationalpromotion.
Anyone else been invited?
Quite fancy an Orange edition for half price!! :D

Rosie60

Re: TOYOTA DEALER UPGRADE EVENT

Post by Rosie60 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:55 pm

I’ve got an invite to something similar from Steven Eagell
Excel in Tyrol Silver with protection pack, Supaguard treatment, protection pack and boot liner.
New Orange Edition on order x love the car just wanted a bit more omph!

Malc1975

Post by Malc1975 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:07 pm

Rockstar565

Post by Rockstar565 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:43 pm

Had the same invite letter to an event this coming weekend. Got to ask myself is it really worth changing to a new car after having my current chr for only 16 months , especially as there is no real difference apart from the radio and the option of a 2L engine.

Subota Boy

Post by Subota Boy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:28 pm

New C-HR in 2 litre guise is different in many ways over the 1.8. Quieter, no drone, better steering feel, tech improvements, and better looking in very subtle ways, IMHO.

If you are happy with yours, then don't go to the event! My wife and I went for a test drive in the 2 litre and ordered one straight away. Having got back in our three year old 1.8 Excel, we found we still enjoyed that enormously. It's just that the 2 litre was so much better!
Our Toyota family consists of C-HR Excel 2 litre in decuma grey, Toyota IQ, Toyota GT86

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:59 pm

There are few drawbacks on 2.0:
- finance, doh!
- personally I won't trade the "old" JBL audio for the new one. Unless Orange edition. That one totally makes sense!
- trunk. It's smaller! Smaller enough to be a problem if you're usually traveling with 2 large luggages!
But that's all that's bad'ish! I think there is enough info on this forum to help! If you drive the new ones especially the 2.0l one, most likely you're going to go for it!

r.benechas

Post by r.benechas » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:08 pm

Is there a difference between an old JBL system and the one? Took a test drive last week of a new CHR orange edition, but seems like the JBL system doesn’t sound as good as previous model JBL sounded.

Or it’s just me?
Toyota CHR | Luxury Plus | Metal Stream

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:39 am

For once: position of the speakers is different and that causes a different sound ambient.
Changing the treble/middle/bass has a higher impact than in the previous model. Default is a flat and kinda stupid sound.
I didn't drove enough the new Orange one so I can play my music, loud, for long. But as much as I drove it I loved the "new" sound. That after lowering treble and increasing bass.
My better half it's utterly impresses by the new sound system.

Rockstar565

Post by Rockstar565 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:26 pm

Following my initial response to being invited to the sales promotion at Steven eagle. I shall go along and see what is on offer . To be honest I am tempted to get a camry. Another chr with a 2l engine with smaller boot space although with android auto doesn't really sound tempting enough to me. I'll let you know how I get on .