C-HR Dynamic Hybrid air-con cooling efficiency

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
kelvin66

C-HR Dynamic Hybrid air-con cooling efficiency

Post by kelvin66 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:49 pm

I had my C-HR about a month and today has been the hottest day at 21C. The air-con is on but the air flow doesn't seem as cold as my Auris. In the AURIS the steering wheel would get almost too cold to hold in places! In the C-HR the steering wheel stays quite warm.

I turned the temperature down to LOW and set the fan speed to MAX and measured the temperature at the air vents and it is around 10-12C. It just doesn't feel as cold as it should when blowing on your face. Should I take it back to the dealer?

Is it normal for the C-HR not to have very cold air blowing on your face? Maybe it will feel colder when the outside temperature gets hotter >25C...
Dynamic Hybrid in Decumar Grey.

drabisan

Re: C-HR Dynamic Hybrid air-con cooling efficiency

Post by drabisan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:28 pm

If you don't have the AC on Eco, what you're describing doesn't sound really "cool".
It is a larger space to cool and my kids are not really impressed how fast the car cools down, but it gets cool down eventually. The front seats are cooling down fast enough for my taste in my C-HR. Even last summer when we had a "hot" summer in Ireland.
Steering wheel temperature...I wouldn't call that a real measurement. And 10-12C doesn't sound bad at all! But do check if you're not in Eco!

Gregoriou

Post by Gregoriou » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:09 pm

here in Cyprus our winter is 21C and so now it is summer and very hot, and soon going up to 40-45. I put my CHR air con on 23 degrees and the air is so cold I have to either turn it up a bit, lower the pressure to the lowest, or turn it off for a while... not sure what we are doing differently..

ans

Post by ans » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:15 pm

Take it back to the dealer and ask them to check the gas
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi
Ordered SEPT 2016 arrived Jan 2017
https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes slk 350

opettaja

Post by opettaja » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:37 pm

Noticed mine today was blowing nice cold air from the adjustable dash vents but hot air was flowing over the hot dashboard from the front of the windscreen. Will be closely checking it from now on.
C-HR 1.8 Hybrid Intense Edition, Tokyo Red with black roof

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:46 pm

It's supposed to be only hot air from the windscreen vents. Also from feet vents I think.
Only face vents give cold airflow.
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

Osprey

Post by Osprey » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Picked mine up yesterday and driving it today AC was ice cold......thankfully as its showing 26° on the temp gauge.
CHR Hybrid Excel in Metal Stream
BMW X3 X-Line
Previously Aygo X-clusiv2, two MR-2 Roadsters, Landcruiser VX, Subaru Forester, BMW X5, 5 series,4 series, Audis..... no wonder I'm broke :?

Mtaz

Post by Mtaz » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:48 pm

I find my C-HR aircon too could here in Kuala Lumpur. Driving to work in the morning, when the outside temperature is around 30 degrees, I usually set the drivers side to 23 or 24 C. My wife likes it a bit cooler at opts for 21 to 22 C. I always use ECO mode.

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:53 pm

When out yesterday put drive into Normal Mode instead of Eco and what a difference it made. The air conditioning worked extremely well compared to running it on Eco Mode.

Regards
Nigel.
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

kelvin66

Post by kelvin66 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:44 pm

I tested the AC last Saturday when it was 30C (not in ECO mode) and I measured a temperature of approx. 5C on all air vents. The fan was running at approx. 50% but it did appear to cool the car (and me). It spent the first 30 minutes or so in recircuitaly mode before opening up the vent to outside air. The comand temperature was set to 21C.

So it seems to adjust the AC heat exchanger dependant on the outside air temperature....

I assume it is working correctly and in any case you don't often see temperature higher than this in the UK...
Dynamic Hybrid in Decumar Grey.

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”