What is 'Top of the Range'?

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Osprey

What is 'Top of the Range'?

Post by Osprey » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:43 am

Interested to hear what everyone thinks, but here in the UK the Dynamic is the range topper with Excel claiming 'mid-range' spec. I always aim high but on this occasion I am waiting for our mid range Excel 2019MY.
The only thing missing on our CHR that a Dynamic has (as far as I can see in the spec lists) is a black roof and LED lights. Now the lights I would have at a drop, the roof I can live without. What our Excel has the Dynamic doesn't have though is black leather as standard and the ioniser - I can live without that probably having read the review here.

Am I missing something or does anyone agree its more of a 'luxury' pack v a sport/vibrant pack?
CHR Hybrid Excel in Metal Stream
BMW X3 X-Line
Previously Aygo X-clusiv2, two MR-2 Roadsters, Landcruiser VX, Subaru Forester, BMW X5, 5 series,4 series, Audis..... no wonder I'm broke :?

Alexr

Re: What is 'Top of the Range'?

Post by Alexr » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:54 am

I agree. When I bought mine I could not understand why the dynamic cost so much more - fabric seats instead of leather, a different coloured roof and different lights ( that the owner never sees anyway) so I went for excel trim.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

Osprey

Post by Osprey » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:18 am

It's not just me then Alex ;)
BMW X3 X-Line
Previously Aygo X-clusiv2, two MR-2 Roadsters, Landcruiser VX, Subaru Forester, BMW X5, 5 series,4 series, Audis..... no wonder I'm broke :?

BenD

Post by BenD » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:30 am

Went for dynamic really thought led lights worth extra , Not worth extra Excel spec is best nicer seats and all the extras as dynamic allow do like the black roof .

Ron3005

Post by Ron3005 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:47 am

I went for the excel for the interier
Ron

chillyman50

Post by chillyman50 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:02 pm

we went for the EXCEL. why, its has full leather and the ioniser. the two tones was not important to us and the LED lights on the front have had por reviews and not being bright enough. auto express and what car rec the EXCEL. WE though VFM was the EXCEL.
1.2 Excel in pearlescent White with protection pack :D
bought for my wife

chillyman50

Post by chillyman50 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Osprey wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:43 am
Interested to hear what everyone thinks, but here in the UK the Dynamic is the range topper with Excel claiming 'mid-range' spec. I always aim high but on this occasion I am waiting for our mid range Excel 2019MY.
The only thing missing on our CHR that a Dynamic has (as far as I can see in the spec lists) is a black roof and LED lights. Now the lights I would have at a drop, the roof I can live without. What our Excel has the Dynamic doesn't have though is black leather as standard and the ioniser - I can live without that probably having read the review here.

Am I missing something or does anyone agree its more of a 'luxury' pack v a sport/vibrant pack?
we went for the EXCEL. why, its has full leather and the ioniser. the two tones was not important to us and the LED lights on the front have had por reviews and not being bright enough. auto express and what car rec the EXCEL. WE though VFM was the EXCEL. :D ;)
1.2 Excel in pearlescent White with protection pack :D
bought for my wife

Osprey

Post by Osprey » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:18 pm

I'm glad to see theres some consensus. I have the Intelligent Lighting pack on my X3 and living in the countryside, they are worth their weight in gold. Having read about the CHR LEDs I just might get an upgraded bulb if needed.
I wish I had the option of a JBL system though, that would have been the icing.......
BMW X3 X-Line

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:22 pm

We went for the Dynamic though did not have Nanoe air purifier (why)?. Also had noticed that the choice of colours are limited with each model and are never the same throughout the whole range as with other manufacturers which is a bit off as far as I am concerned (UK Market).

For instance, Tokyo Red with Black Roof seems to be available in Europe and the US but not in Britain. Guess Toyota had done the usual marketing strategy to see which colours are the most popular in certain areas and probably think we Brits are just a tad too conservative!! Equally the choice of colours even for top of the range Dynamic are limited to 5 colours only. Could this be due to keeping their costs down in the paint shop?

Looking at the brochure we picked up in February there is very little difference between the Excel and Dynamic 'safety wise' and only 2 models do not have the RCTA BSM and LCA (too lazy to type out the full wording) However and strangely enough those are optional extras that can be added to the Icon but not the Design. Again, one has to question the reason why are those 3 items listed not available for the Design even as an optional upgrade, unless I have missed something.

Regards
Nigel.
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

opettaja

Post by opettaja » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:40 am

Here in Finland we have the Active, Style, Intense, and Premium. I went for the Intense as the extras on the Premium didn't interest me and it missed some features from the Intense that I wanted (e.g. red with a black roof). Actually I went for the "Edition" special model that included some optional extras foc.
C-HR 1.8 Hybrid Intense Edition, Tokyo Red with black roof

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”