Pre-collision sensor and lane departure sensors messed up

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
joe77

Pre-collision sensor and lane departure sensors messed up

Post by joe77 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:36 pm

Hello everyone,

my girlfriend has a 2018 XLE. Got about 42k on it. Her lane departure sensors and pre-collision sensors are never operable, prompting the “see dealer” warnings on the display. It’s impossible to make the warning go away for more than a few seconds. Does anyone have a way to fix this? Or at least make the warnings go away. She’s been to the dealer numerous times and has paid hundreds for repairs that do nothing. Toyota mechanics even claim that mice are crawling into the engine bay and chewing the wires, yet no such damage or droppings or prints are to be found.

If there’s a more proper place to post this or if this is a common problem I apologize and please direct me there. Would like to fix it before our trip this weekend.

Thanks for any input!

Karmalakas

Re: Pre-collision sensor and lane departure sensors messed up

Post by Karmalakas » Thu May 09, 2019 7:46 pm

That's a first. Usually if pre-collision sensor fails, it's because it's dirty or something. This sensor works in tandem with camera. Lane departure also depends on camera, so I guess it's totally camera's fault. Check if there's no mist on windshield inside the camera compartment. If there is, then probably insulation fail and it should be fixed under warranty. If not, then might be some electrical failure.

Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician or any kind of repair man :) That's completely based on my assumption
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

drabisan

Re: Pre-collision sensor and lane departure sensors messed up

Post by drabisan » Wed May 15, 2019 8:21 pm

Do you have anything hanging off the mirror? Both sensors are on the same area. Or a chip on the windscreen? Dirt would be the obvious answer ;)

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”