Spring 2019 map update

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Alexr

Re: Spring 2019 map update

Post by Alexr » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:45 pm

drabisan wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:30 pm
"This feature is not available". And that's annoying by all means!
Searching for POIs from Google Maps was the next best thing to having Android Auto.
I'm pissed off! I'll complain to Toyota Ireland as soon as I have time to create a video on their crap!
Signed: a really annoyed user!
Can you expand on what is annoying you?
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

IceColdCrash

Post by IceColdCrash » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:49 pm

Alexr wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:45 pm
drabisan wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:30 pm
"This feature is not available". And that's annoying by all means!
Searching for POIs from Google Maps was the next best thing to having Android Auto.
I'm pissed off! I'll complain to Toyota Ireland as soon as I have time to create a video on their crap!
Signed: a really annoyed user!
Can you expand on what is annoying you?
From what has been said, not having Google POI because Toyota decided to remove this feature (by not renewing Google licences) with the excuse that people didn't use it.
I'll be complaining also, they just can't remove features like that.
Since when is that crap TomTom places gets more use than Google POIs if you had to choose?
15/03/2019 - 1.8 Hybrid

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:46 pm

@IceColdCrash answer exactly how I would!
@Alexr - when I need to search for a POI, built-in ones are most times returning nothing. At least in Ireland. I wasn't even waiting for it to return no result, I was clicking on Google POIs as soon as I was getting the option to. And I was always getting the result I was looking for (even when I was mis-typing it).
Now I found there's another online option, TomTom online (? don't quote me on the name!), but I only tried it once, give me a list of crap. I'll give it another try, but still don't understand why thy removed the only really great feature of that navigation :(

devonaygo

Post by devonaygo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:49 pm

drabisan wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:46 pm
@IceColdCrash answer exactly how I would!
@Alexr - when I need to search for a POI, built-in ones are most times returning nothing. At least in Ireland. I wasn't even waiting for it to return no result, I was clicking on Google POIs as soon as I was getting the option to. And I was always getting the result I was looking for (even when I was mis-typing it).
Now I found there's another online option, TomTom online (? don't quote me on the name!), but I only tried it once, give me a list of crap. I'll give it another try, but still don't understand why thy removed the only really great feature of that navigation :(
Have you tried the MyT Toyota app? It has been updated recently and allows you to use your phone to search for a location then send it to the car, been using it this last week and its really accurate and much quicker than the now dead Google POI option.

see: https://www.toyota-europe.com/myt

IceColdCrash

Post by IceColdCrash » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 pm

Toyota app kind of makes for it, you can search quickly and it will show you all online POIs straight away, problem is..
Mine doesn't work, been to Toyota, we have tried absolutely everything,
They have now ordered a new multimedia unit, should get a call this week to go there and get it replaced, apparently 1st and only case in Portugal where this doesn't work, apart from that, all is working good in the multimedia system.
While I was at Toyota I tried the app with the new Corolla, worked perfectly,
Still think they can't remove a feature like this with the poor excuse that people didn't use it much,
System is already poor with everything working, let alone with features removed.
15/03/2019 - 1.8 Hybrid

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:27 am

devonaygo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:49 pm

Have you tried the MyT Toyota app? It has been updated recently and allows you to use your phone to search for a location then send it to the car, been using it this last week and its really accurate and much quicker than the now dead Google POI option.

see: https://www.toyota-europe.com/myt
Looks interesting. Only it's not available in Ireland :(
For some reasons :(

PRG

Post by PRG » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:21 am

Will I get some kind of notification if my satnav needs updating ? I purchased my Excel in April 2019.

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:03 am

PRG wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:21 am
Will I get some kind of notification if my satnav needs updating ? I purchased my Excel in April 2019.
No :)
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

DutCHR

Post by DutCHR » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:26 am

Yes. But not from Toyota. Every update get s a topic on this forum. :mrgreen:
So stay tuned in here..
C-HR Hybrid Metalstream Grey --- Genuine JDM styled and also a lot of sh*t from China

Overexposed

Post by Overexposed » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:25 pm

Hello. I would like to install new map update to my CHR but that doesn' t seem to happen. I have downloaded Map Update 6.13.0L put it in a formatted (FAT32) 8gb USB stick, I have the activation key in hand, the installation begins (the car reads the usb) but the message I get is that this is not for my system or something like that. I searched it a bit and I see my system software version is 6.11.0.WL and map 2018v.1 ... Am I doomed? I mean I can't get the update because my system version is older? Or does it update the system software as well? Or should a Toyota dealer do this for me? Or it can't be done? Please help... Being facing another frustrating moment with the outdated system of my beloved car :) ...even more frustrating when I think that in about a month the new car will have CarPlay installed
1.2 Turbo Manual - C-ENTER - Metal Stream

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”