Apple carplay support

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
raija

Re: Apple carplay support

Post by raija » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Gregoriou,
Have you tested the Android Auto really works? I have become skeptical about Toyota's promises ... :(
Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

Gregoriou

Post by Gregoriou » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:03 pm

raija wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:00 pm
Gregoriou,
Have you tested the Android Auto really works? I have become skeptical about Toyota's promises ... :(
Can't say I have. I don't own an Android device :)

I kept telling her I needed Apple Carplay and she was like telling me multiple times that it has Android Auto... I have never looked into it, but will try get my hands on an android to try it

Gregoriou

Post by Gregoriou » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:39 am

raija wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:00 pm
Gregoriou,
I just bought a samsung s10+ so I will let you know soon :)

opettaja

Post by opettaja » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:50 am

So I have the Toyota Touch 2 Go and my phone is an iPhone X. I have found them to be quite good together, even showing my text messages to me. However, rented a VW a couple of weeks ago on a trip in the UK which had a good media system. After a few days I plugged my phone in to charge it and up came Apple Carplay! All I can say is WOW! What a difference to Toyota's system, just being able to use What's App for reading/replying to messages on the go, and calling through What's App was so great, in addition to everything else. Now I am really disappointed with the Touch 2 Go.
C-HR 1.8 Hybrid Intense Edition, Tokyo Red with black roof

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:02 am

Have used Apple Car play in the past, on an aftermarket 200 Euro set in my GT86. Very nice indeed. However when I bought my C-HR I knew it didn't support it. Pity but I knew, so no complaints.
Ruby-Flare C-HR C-Lub Hybrid version, black roof, JBL sound system

raija

Post by raija » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:04 pm

opettaja wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:50 am
So I have the Toyota Touch 2 Go and my phone is an iPhone X. I have found them to be quite good together, even showing my text messages to me. However, rented a VW a couple of weeks ago on a trip in the UK which had a good media system. After a few days I plugged my phone in to charge it and up came Apple Carplay! All I can say is WOW! What a difference to Toyota's system, just being able to use What's App for reading/replying to messages on the go, and calling through What's App was so great, in addition to everything else. Now I am really disappointed with the Touch 2 Go.
Working with telecommunications for over 30 years I knew right away TT2G is garbage (but I didn't think it was that bad) and no explanation changes that. I paid 870 € for this junk and I would have gotten a decent Android system at that price. I am very, very disappointed, as you have discovered.
Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

GeoGre

Post by GeoGre » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:17 pm

Hello, I am very close to buying a CH-R and the only thing holding me is the lack of compatibility with Google maps on the screen.
I have read here and in other forums about apple carplay not existing and that Go maps are not good. So the idea of holding into my phone for maps is not very appealing when almost every little car today supports maps with carplay or android.
Can anybody confirm that they got a software upgrade on their screen and carplay works now ?
I live in Greece and the latest news on this issue from the car dealer is that a facelift model is expected next month which will probably have carplay ( not confirmed ) but at a higher price...

IceColdCrash

Post by IceColdCrash » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 pm

For those who use GPS a lot, best thing is to buy the car without it saving around 700 or 800€ and then buy an android unit for around 350€,
Even if they start selling with android auto or carplay, it won't be better than an android unit that doesn't need phone for nothing except Internet (in case you want apps that need Internet).
I got mine with GPS and all that, not a big issue as I don't use GPS a lot and I knew what I was buying but if I were to buy it today, I would buy it without it and would spend the money in aftermarket unit, that is for sure.
15/03/2019 - 1.8 Hybrid

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:25 pm

GeoGre wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:17 pm
Can anybody confirm that they got a software upgrade on their screen and carplay works now ?
I believe a hardware upgrade is needed
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:16 am

Carplay only works/will work on US cars. They use a different operating system.
Ruby-Flare C-HR C-Lub Hybrid version, black roof, JBL sound system

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”