Autolock feature? Auto open/close windows?

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Walt

Re: Autolock feature? Auto open/close windows?

Post by Walt » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:56 am

Why not just press door lock button on drivers door when you get in.
Nebula blue dynamic.
Sports pack.wind deflectors.mudflaps etc.

Curro101

Post by Curro101 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:26 am

I’ve been used to having this feature in other cars for years, I like it and I’ve got very used to having it. It’s a very good safety feature, especially in more “built up areas” and even though I like it and am used to it, 95% of the time when I get in my C-HR, I forget to use the button, and the 5% of the time I remember, either the passengers in the rear have to remind me to undo the doors when we arrive somewhere, or I have to return to press the button when I reach the boot and find it’s still locked, whereas with this, as soon as I put the car in parked they all open....

Penyen

Post by Penyen » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:39 am

Do you think there’s a safety issue on this one? We don’t know when the robbers/thieves are going to attack, especially when your car automatically unlocks when the car is in full stop. There’s a lot of that happening anywhere. I will stick to traditional push button and no offense to people who like this feature. I am sure you have a very good reason to have it. I will lock and unlock my car whenever i want to the old fashion way.
C-HR 1.2L Turbo 6-speed Manual
Excel Decuma Grey
Tokyo Red Accent Pack
Side Steps and Rear Mudguards
Acquired on 30-09-2017

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:08 pm

Curro101 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:26 am
I have to return to press the button when I reach the boot and find it’s still locked
How do you get out of the car if it's still locked? I thought all doors (boot included) (un)lock together when using the button on the driver's door. And also you can (un)lock all the doors standing outside near the boot. Or are you going to the boot inside the car? Something doesn't add up :/
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

Curro101

Post by Curro101 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:47 pm

If you press the button to lock all doors, you can still exit the drivers door and the rest stay locked. In this case, to open the boot you either have to return to the button and unlock all doors or firstly lock all doors with the button on the boot lid and the open all doors with the boot latch.

Curro101

Post by Curro101 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 pm

Penyen wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:39 am
Do you think there’s a safety issue on this one? We don’t know when the robbers/thieves are going to attack, especially when your car automatically unlocks when the car is in full stop. There’s a lot of that happening anywhere. I will stick to traditional push button and no offense to people who like this feature. I am sure you have a very good reason to have it. I will lock and unlock my car whenever i want to the old fashion way.
The doors only unlock when you come to a full stop and put the car in Park, which is when you’d be getting out normally anyway. When you stop at lights etc and the car is still in Drive, they remain closed.

Penyen

Post by Penyen » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:13 pm

Oh I see. So that’s what it does then. Sorry It’s just i’m Not familiar with this feature, but it is good to know.
C-HR 1.2L Turbo 6-speed Manual
Excel Decuma Grey
Tokyo Red Accent Pack
Side Steps and Rear Mudguards
Acquired on 30-09-2017

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:13 pm

Curro101 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:47 pm
<...> to open the boot you <...> firstly lock all doors with the button on the boot lid and the open all doors with the boot latch.
Ah.. So you still can open the boot without returning to driver's door :)

BTW, what if you want to pick someone up or drop off? Usually you don't put it in parking mode just for a few seconds. I see some situations someone might want auto lock, but mostly it's the opposite I suppose.

Curro101

Post by Curro101 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:18 pm

Not really the best idea to drop off or pick anyone up with a car in Drive, just in case, but each to their own...

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:44 pm

Curro101 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:18 pm
Not really the best idea to drop off or pick anyone up with a car in Drive, just in case, but each to their own...
Why? Are you afraid the foot will slip from the brake pedal? If so, then that's another problem, but I suppose you're not putting to parking mode on every red light

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”