Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Autolock feature? Auto open/close windows?

71K views 103 replies 34 participants last post by  Curro101 
#1 ·
Hi,
Can you turn on / off an auto door lock feature on the car?

Also I see reading the manual you can have auto open/close windows via the remote, doesn't on mine.

#7 ·
JulianoG said:
I wanted to activate Auto-lock/unlock of the doors, but couldn't find such option. Still, for the windows I managed to activate the feature using Techstream with cable and a laptop. Not available in car menus though.
16 pin ODB2 with techstream or 22pin

#14 ·
Ans am guessing a UK seller (if China you'll be waiting a few weeks) so when tested I'd appreciate if you could share the ebay link.

With may of the clones available on auction sites it's not a kosher copy and connection to t'internet (for updating) may cause the software to crash/be locked out.

#20 ·
Borci0 said:
What happened with the car warranty if you connect Techstream over OBD2 and change some settings?
As far as I know it's only engine remaps that would show up, changing the settings for the car for things like windows/doors won't invalidate a warranty as don't think they are time stamped in the cars ECU

Given that these features are used for some markets (where they are standard) the car is supposed to do these, plus dealers do them if asked for a charge.

#21 ·
Techstream is the Official Toyota software, downloadable and available for anyone at their technical support website: https://www.toyota-tech.eu
The warranty should not be voided but you still need to check your warranty book as it's conditions for U.K. might differ from mine. Just do not ask the dealer - they will try to persuade you to use their costly services instead.
The only problem for me is the cost of the official cable unit of €650 which luckily for us can be replaced by a Chinese J2534 mini-vci. Guess which one I bought for £25. :lol:

#23 ·
Isn't it called Cif now?

Let us know how you get on over t'weekend before we spend our money :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.