FItting a Dash Cam

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Novve

Re: FItting a Dash Cam

Post by Novve » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:38 am

I got a garmin dashcam 55, and Put it next to the rearview mirror. I Put it on the drivers side so Im easily able to use the buttons on it, take it on or of. And to see the lcd If I need to.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iSoY2i ... p=drivesdk

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:28 pm

I got a garmin dashcam 55, and Put it next to the rearview mirror. I Put it on the drivers side so Im easily able to use the buttons on it, take it on or of. And to see the lcd If I need to
I was advised to keep it off the patterned part of the glass so put mine here (Right hand drive)

20180408_151725.jpg

Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

chainsawcharlie

Post by chainsawcharlie » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:42 pm

Got Halfords to install my old Nextbase 512g to the rear window hardwired piggy back to rear wipe fuse
And brand new Nextbase 412GW to front windscreen hard wired piggy back to cigarette lighter fuse.
Everything working well no Radio interference on DAB or anything else.
The guy said it was really easy to route the cables he did mention that the bolt near the fuse box didn't give a very good earth but managed one near to it.
Just for anyone's info hope this helps
Toyota C-HR Excel 1.8 Hybrid Metal Stream
Best car I've had in 42 years of driving

Smuddell

Post by Smuddell » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:53 pm

I bought a dashcam last year from Halfords and paid for their fitting service - they ran the lead under the trim down to a spare slot at the back of the front passenger footwell.
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid - Metal Stream with black roof. Delivered January 2017.

gt1970

Post by gt1970 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:35 pm

If you have a nextbase dash cam you could always fit it like mine.
Flip the screen image and mount it on the touch screen, it in no way effects the usage and view if the touch screen and I think it looks much better than having it on the windscreen. I have trailed the wire and tucked it under the trim as pictured and then tucked the rest of it under the centre console trim by the passenger and then whats left in the main centre storage plugged and into the power socket.

IMG_0911.JPG

Nextbase dashcam

IMG_0907.JPG

Nextbase dashcam

Andries

Post by Andries » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:57 am

I use an old Samsung Galaxy S3 for Dashcam white the app "DailyRoads Voyager".
Works four hours on battery without power wiring .
C-HR 1.2T CVT Metal Stream Grey Dynamic, 18" Multispoke Silver Rims, fog lamp garnish red 3T3, mirror covers red 3T3, Mudflaps, OBDLink LX

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”