Potential Company Car Replacement Advice Please

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Alexr

Re: Potential Company Car Replacement Advice Please

Post by Alexr » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:59 pm

PGBe3 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:14 pm
they just are built that way, i.e. rock solid suspension.
No they aren’t. Witness several other posters on this subject.
It is just your opinion.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

PGBe3

Post by PGBe3 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:47 pm

We'll agree to disagree on that. I almost lost control of this awful car on the Norwich by pass again today with it juddering and slewing across the broken road surface, which didn't seem to destabilise neighbouring traffic like it does this car. I've just about had enough of this dreadful car and will be changing it as soon as I can.

ans

Post by ans » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:51 am

suspension is firm .cloth seats are quiet firm but not as hard as the leather in my opinion, the ride on bumpy pot holed roads is not nice with the traction control being a little bit snappy if it finds a hole . but all and all this is a very comfortable car with sporty handling which makes it feel very safe on the road in my opinion,
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi
Ordered SEPT 2016 arrived Jan 2017
https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes slk 350

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:38 am

Comfortable! - Really? Mine is awful. anyone test driving one of these should make sure they borrow it for a weekend. If you still have any teeth left you will probably decide that the VW Golf is what you should have bought after all.
I don't know why you don't sell your car, as judging by all your posts it obviously not the car for you
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:00 pm

asinrute wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:38 am
Comfortable! - Really? Mine is awful. anyone test driving one of these should make sure they borrow it for a weekend. If you still have any teeth left you will probably decide that the VW Golf is what you should have bought after all.
PGBe3, I don't know why you don't sell your car, as judging by all your posts it obviously not the car for you
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

alunwill

Post by alunwill » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:07 pm

I ended up having an Excel for a 3 day test drive. I think it's by far the most comfortable car I've ever driven and I recently had a Jaguar XJ for a couple of days on business in the Netherlands, the comfort and driving position of the C-HR was much better for me . I did a mixture of city centre, dual carriageways and even went for a drive over the twisty mountain roads of the Brecon Beacon in the Toyota and I loved the ride and handling and my wife agreed it was probably the nicest car shes sat in as a passenger. In fact the only things I could fault about the car was 1. I wish the brake hold would come be set to come on automatically instead of turning it on every time and 2. The infotainment system was relatively old fashioned for such a futuristic looking car. It worked but could be so much better. I ordered mine as soon as I handed the keys back to the guy who collected the car, just upgraded to the JBL sounds system from the Excel spec.

gt1970

Post by gt1970 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:10 pm

Brake hold can be set to come on automatically via the button in the centre console

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:14 am

We'll agree to disagree on that. I almost lost control of this awful car on the Norwich by pass again today with it juddering and slewing across the broken road surface, which didn't seem to destabilise neighbouring traffic like it does this car. I've just about had enough of this dreadful car and will be changing it as soon as I can.
Good, as I sugested you should, at leat it will stop you Whingeing on and on

Markiebhoy

Post by Markiebhoy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:27 am

alunwill how did you manage to get a 3 day test drive (especially as it is going to be a company car)....i struggled to get them to let me have 2 hrs !

alunwill

Post by alunwill » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:06 pm

gt1970 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:10 pm
Brake hold can be set to come on automatically via the button in the centre console
I know the parking brake can be set to come on automatically but the brake hold need to be activated every time you restart the ignition be pressing the button on the console. I want it to come on automatically without having to select it.

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”