New owner - some questions...

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
FarleyUK

New owner - some questions...

Post by FarleyUK » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi all,

Just collected my 1.2t C-HR Dynamic - love it! It's a 67 plate, low miles, and has the JBL sound system in it. Really happy with it so far, and it's surprisingly punchy for a 1.2!

Anyway, on the drive back from the dealership, I was fiddling around with a few things, and couldn't find anywhere to change or set these - and couldn't see it in the 700+ page manual either. If anyone has any answers, I'd really appreciate it!

1. Is there a way to mute or lower the audio when you have navigation directions going at the same time?

2. The stereo is very quiet... I run Spotify from my iPhone (another great plus - the car picks up the song and album details and displays the artwork!), and the phone was on max volume and so was the stereo - still seemed quiet

3. Hill start assist; I thought this would engage automatically to stop the car rolling back? Or do you have to enable the HOLD function everytime you start the car?

4. Can you increase the volume of the audio alerts for things like the sensors?

That's all for now, but I know I'll have more questions later.....!

Sjhaycroft

Re: New owner - some questions...

Post by Sjhaycroft » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Hi

1. The 2 directional arrows on the steering wheel. The set on the left, the dot in the middle, hold that down and the audio mutes.

2. On your phone, increase bluetooth to max. It should say something like 'toyota touch go'.

3. Can't answer this one as mine is the hybrid model and it seems that electricity is used holding the car on incline.

4. Will have to look in my cars settings for this.

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:29 pm

1. As Sjhaycroft said, but you have to do it while navigation is speaking something (yes you have to catch that moment).
  2. Also as Sjhaycroft said
  3. Hill assist and Hold are different features (at least on hybrids). Which one are you talking about?
  4. I believe you can ask the dealer to do that via Techstream software. I think these are not in the settings to change yourself.
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

FarleyUK

Post by FarleyUK » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:35 pm

Thanks all - seems bizarre the audio doesn't at least reduce playback volume when guidance is active.

RE: Hill assist - it's whatever the function is that should stop you from rolling back when you're on an incline.

AyCee

Post by AyCee » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:13 pm

Hill Start Assist holds the brakes on for a few seconds after you remove your foot from the brake. This gives you enough time to get onto the throttle and pull away without the car rolling back.
Metalstream Dynamic Hybrid

FarleyUK

Post by FarleyUK » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:39 pm

AyCee wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:13 pm
Hill Start Assist holds the brakes on for a few seconds after you remove your foot from the brake. This gives you enough time to get onto the throttle and pull away without the car rolling back.
That's the one - is that on by default on the 1.2...? I keep seeming to roll back as soon as I come off the brake.

Overexposed

Post by Overexposed » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Yes that’s default on the 1.2 and on every new car I know... It activates when braking (the car is still) uphill ...not in every brake... the hold button lets you remove the foot from the brake and rest when in heavy traffic
1.2 Turbo Manual - C-ENTER - Metal Stream

FarleyUK

Post by FarleyUK » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:47 pm

Overexposed wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:41 pm
Yes that’s default on the 1.2 and on every new car I know...
How weird... Wonder why it's not activating on mine??

So what does the Hold function do that's different, exactly?

Overexposed

Post by Overexposed » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:53 pm

The hold button is for heavy traffic... you can move your foot off the break for as long as you like...it keeps holding the brake automatically... the hill assist is standard on all new cars and I bet on yours too and its for the situation when you have to start from a brake on a hill... it helps the car not to go back for a few seconds for you to move on... the hold button is not guaranted to help you in a situation like that and is not recommended ... you better put the handbrake on if you want to rest your foot when on slope
1.2 Turbo Manual - C-ENTER - Metal Stream

Alexr

Post by Alexr » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:04 pm

FarleyUK wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:47 pm
Overexposed wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:41 pm
Yes that’s default on the 1.2 and on every new car I know...
How weird... Wonder why it's not activating on mine??

So what does the Hold function do that's different, exactly?
Hi. I own the Hybrid so mine is different to yours, and the hill start comes on automtically.
However, on my wife’s Aygo the hill start has to acticated as follows.
Pull up on the hill. Now press the brake pedal down firmly. The hill start is now activatedand you can remove your foot from the brake pedal and the brakes will stay on for a couple of seconds.
Might the 1.2 CHR have the same system?
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”