2 year old service - recommended extras

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Smuddell

2 year old service - recommended extras

Post by Smuddell » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:13 pm

Hi all,

My C-HR is 2 years old this month, so had it's second service this week. Service was all fine with no issues, but with the following recommendations :

1) Air con service @ £199
2) Fuel system cleaner @ £20

Is this just my dealer trying to un-necessarily squeeze more money out of me, or are either of these essential?

Just interested to know what others would do if in the same situation, don't want to pay that much if not necessary!
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid - Metal Stream with black roof. Delivered January 2017.

Alexr

Re: 2 year old service - recommended extras

Post by Alexr » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Mine is 2 years old this month too and just booked service for later this month.
I hope they dont come up with this “try-on” with me.
My inclination would be to say yes to £20 job ( given that it might affect fuel quality and engine performance) and no to £199 and I will wait till the ac starts to fail.
I can’t check right now but I bet neither of them is in the service schedule booklet.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

MarkyMUK

Post by MarkyMUK » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 am

I had my air con (serviced?), pressure tested, drained, refilled plus anti-bac treatment at ATS for £40 in October, that was on my jag that at 800g probably uses twice as much gas and lubricant as my C-HR

Personally If you use your air-con a service isn't really required until the 4yr mark, all IMO.

Did they change your keyfob batteries, read somewhere that they do this on the 2yr service?
Decuma Grey Hybrid ceramic paint sealed Icon with mud flaps and wind deflectors
Audi A6 3.0 quattro, remapped to 268BHP quad zausts
2014 Jaguar XK Dynamic R running at 560bhp

ans

Post by ans » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:09 am

my car has to go into Eastbourne Toyota soon (2 year service) so will wait and see if they say the same to me and will let them know they are taking the p. my friend has a garage and only charges £45 for a complete refill and clean of aircon system ,
i wouldnt let the do anything other than the service
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi
Ordered SEPT 2016 arrived Jan 2017
https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes slk 350

Toyota_Fan

Post by Toyota_Fan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi Guys,
I was offered the same at mine and Ans local dealer and even the service guy said for the mileage you've done there is no point doing it :D
C-HR Excel 1.8 Hybrid, Full Leather, Premium Pack, Protection Pack in Metal Stream, Car Ordered 19/09/2016, Car Arrived 03/01/2017, Collected 10/01/2017

Smuddell

Post by Smuddell » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:10 pm

MarkyMUK wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 am
I had my air con (serviced?), pressure tested, drained, refilled plus anti-bac treatment at ATS for £40 in October, that was on my jag that at 800g probably uses twice as much gas and lubricant as my C-HR

Personally If you use your air-con a service isn't really required until the 4yr mark, all IMO.

Did they change your keyfob batteries, read somewhere that they do this on the 2yr service?
I think I will leave the air con then - it’s not as if it’s had a lot of use, I’ve just reached the 8000 mile mark after 2 years!

Re key fob batteries, I didn’t realise they did this as part of the service so left my spare key at home, so they changed the battery in the key I left with them, and gave me the battery for the spare.
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid - Metal Stream with black roof. Delivered January 2017.

Smuddell

Post by Smuddell » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:16 pm

ans wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:09 am
my car has to go into Eastbourne Toyota soon (2 year service) so will wait and see if they say the same to me and will let them know they are taking the p. my friend has a garage and only charges £45 for a complete refill and clean of aircon system ,
i wouldnt let the do anything other than the service
I normally find Eastbourne Toyota very good and they’ve never recommended anything possibly unnecessary before - times must be getting hard for the dealers, getting a bit more crafty in making their money! They weren’t pushy about it though, it was just on the recommendations on the paperwork. When my previous hybrid Auris had its 2 year service they never mentioned having the air con serviced!

Smuddell

Post by Smuddell » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Thanks everyone, that’s settled it I won’t go for the air con service, especially considering my low mileage!

Has anyone actually had this fuel system cleaner on any Toyota hybrid? Have you found it improves MPG or performance?

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:07 pm

Mine is 11m old.
And scheduled for first service at the end of January. Express Service as they call it here in Ireland.
But I will do asked them to replace the pollen filter and to do a check for AC. Of course I'll ask first what's included in Express Service.
I'm using AC all the time, to remove the moisture from the inside of the car. Not too many people are using it here in Ireland, I can see tons of foggy windows in other cars.
But this winter my CHR tends to be foggy'ish too so I'm not taking any chances. If they don't replace pollen filter by default, I'll ask for a replacement.

MarkyMUK

Post by MarkyMUK » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:11 am

Smuddell wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:10 pm
MarkyMUK wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 am

Re key fob batteries, I didn’t realise they did this as part of the service so left my spare key at home, so they changed the battery in the key I left with them, and gave me the battery for the spare.
Thanks for coming back on this one, notice you've not been on the forum long/posted much but it is a useful place.

Please make sure you change your one ASAP (or you'll just loose the battery!) and report back how easy?

So for anyone taking there's for a 2nd service make sure you take both remotes! :D
Decuma Grey Hybrid ceramic paint sealed Icon with mud flaps and wind deflectors
Audi A6 3.0 quattro, remapped to 268BHP quad zausts
2014 Jaguar XK Dynamic R running at 560bhp

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”