Voice activation

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Gregoriou

Voice activation

Post by Gregoriou » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:57 am

Hey,

So I bought a toyota, the dynamic (with all the extras) and the garage I got it from disabled the voice recognition (https://www.toyota.com/entune/support/d ... cognition/) and refuse to enable it. Is there a way I can do this at home without them?

I could go kick up a fuss at the dealership, but I rather be good with them since I will visit there for services. I might go to another city and see if they are willing to, but I would rather do it alone at home if this is possible?

TIA!

Curro101

Re: Voice activation

Post by Curro101 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Why did they disable it? Why do they refuse to activate it? Asking them to activate it isn’t “creating a fussl!!

Curro101

Post by Curro101 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:16 pm

In your system info does the version/map reference end in H or L?

Gregoriou

Post by Gregoriou » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:20 pm

Curro101 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:16 pm
In your system info does the version/map reference end in H or L?
The software version or model ID? I dont see a H or L ending in either, one has -CA04 and another ends in 47
Curro101 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:13 pm
Why did they disable it? Why do they refuse to activate it? Asking them to activate it isn’t “creating a fussl!!
They say locals have trouble being understood and they decided to disable it as it was mostly not working....

devonaygo

Post by devonaygo » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Just for clarification where are you located as you mention a Dynamic model which would suggest the UK but you have linked to a US website ?

Do you have Navigation installed? as the model numbers you give are for the headunit audio software only

Gregoriou

Post by Gregoriou » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:06 pm

devonaygo wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:39 pm
Just for clarification where are you located as you mention a Dynamic model which would suggest the UK but you have linked to a US website ?

Do you have Navigation installed? as the model numbers you give are for the headunit audio software only
I am located in Cyprus, we call it the CLUB here, but I called it dynamic as its a UK forum. I am hoping the setting to enable it will be the same if it is possible from home

How do I find where would have the H or L ending?

I googled how to enable the voice recognition and it came up with that. I dont have the navigation installed yet because they did not install it befor eI picked up the car and I am taking it for them to install, but they also said the voice navigation wont activate by installing the navigation either.

Curro101

Post by Curro101 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:21 pm

Without the navigation unit there’s no voice recognition!

It should activate by itself once it’s installed if you get the Go Plus navigation unit, not the Go navigation one....

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:27 pm

I can't tell if Club should have navigation. It's a bit of hardware additional to software.
For what it matters, voice commands are many many years behind what you'll expect from Google-level type of voice recognition. I don't want to start a quarrel, but even Siri is way better than Toyota's implementation.
So, by the specs, if it's suppose to be on the car, have them activate it. But if it's not in the included car's specs, don't pay 1Euro for it! 1E it's 1E too much for what it worth.
I tried it, my english is at least decent, I asked native English speakers to use it. It's odd and it doesn't match the quality and speed of voice recognition available on phones. I'm not even bothering with it!

Gregoriou

Post by Gregoriou » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Thanks for your replies :)

I got the navigation and when I went to pick up the car they said it was not installed and I booked an appointment to go take the car back and they would install it and I asked whether the voice recognition would activate with it and she said no, but she also lied saying Go pro navigation was not available in cyprus so I had to go for Go navigation only....

I think the voice navigation is great for making calls only, but I dont have experience with the toyota voice recognition and my siri is disabled, but when driving instead of trying to find names in the touch screen I wanted the voice recognition to use... which they dont want to enable

I have a british accent, from Cambridge and siri can some times have trouble understanding me lol

Curro101

Post by Curro101 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:34 pm

If you just have (or will have) the Go version, there’s no voice recognition, so they can’t enable it...

What you will have with the Go is that if you have it enabled on your phone, pressing the voice recognition button on the steering wheel for 3 seconds more or less, will activate OK google on your phone!

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”