Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Remote window close

17K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Spagyi 
#1 ·
Hello CH-R owners,
So I read many times that the remote window close feature can be enabled by dealerships and many of you had it done already. I contacted my salesperson who directed me to aftersales. I was told this feature is not available for the C-HR, but just to double check they will ask a technician. Callback in 2 minutes and they say not only CH-R, no Toyota have this function at all.
Any suggestions what to do?

#7 ·
Thank you guys,
Got in touch with Toyota U.K., waiting for their reply.
A little while ago I've seen someone mentioned an OBD device on sale that can program many things on the CH-R, but I wouldn't want to pay for it and for the software for only using it once.

#8 ·
There are about 40 "hidden" settings which you can access with Carista app and OBD adapter for example. You can open and close windows by long pressing remote. You can change lighting settings, heater/ac settings, cruise control settings to name a few. I was disappointed when i noticed there was no auto lock doors while driving which was the main reason i bought the carista obd adapter.

#10 ·
detroitdogg said:
There are about 40 "hidden" settings which you can access with Carista app and OBD adapter for example. You can open and close windows by long pressing remote. You can change lighting settings, heater/ac settings, cruise control settings to name a few. I was disappointed when i noticed there was no auto lock doors while driving which was the main reason i bought the carista obd adapter.
Is there any list of those "hidden" settings? I'm curious ;)

#11 ·
raija said:
detroitdogg said:
Is there any list of those "hidden" settings? I'm curious ;)
Carista's website lists most of them. Would be nice if we were able to customise these things on the car's software instead of having to visit a dealership. (Or buying equipment and software)

#12 ·
I check the Carista's website. Thanx.
I agree your opinion about the SW. I always use open source if it possible. My desktop computer is openSUSE linux because I'm the captain of this ship (computer).

There are the hidden features, I think.

Attachments

#15 ·
Hei Detroitdogg
I buy this for aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Auto-door-lock-decoder-OBD-For-speed-lock-door-lock-For-CHR/32888366720.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.69364c4dGwtHhV

when you have 10km/h speed the door locked and when stop and select gearbox P the door unlocked.
Works great for my C-HR

detroitdogg said:

#18 ·
Response from Toyota:
"Hi. Sorry for the delay. Yes, this is possible, and it can be done by a Toyota dealer using the GTS unit. We will feed this back to the dealer, and ask them to contact you to get this booked in. Can you confirm that the dealer is Currie Motors Twickenham? Can you also provide a contact number that they can reach you on to get this booked in? Thanks."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.