What did you do with your C-HR today?

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
drabisan

Re: What did you do with your C-HR today?

Post by drabisan » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:48 pm

smartiepants wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:19 pm
Jimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:51 pm
The boot on the 2.0l is a lot smaller, the boot floor is level with the top of the bumper. Holiday luggage would not fit in.
buy

would anybody know if the older rubber boot liner will fit the new model, i'm changing my car and don't really want to shell out another 75 quid if I don't have to
No, it doesn't. Tried that already 😉

smartiepants

Post by smartiepants » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:52 pm

drabisan wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:48 pm
smartiepants wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:19 pm
Jimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:51 pm
The boot on the 2.0l is a lot smaller, the boot floor is level with the top of the bumper. Holiday luggage would not fit in.
buy

would anybody know if the older rubber boot liner will fit the new model, i'm changing my car and don't really want to shell out another 75 quid if I don't have to
No, it doesn't. Tried that already 😉
Bugger... thank you, that's a shame because it's great in my current one

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:33 pm

In Ireland it's called C-HR Care Pack. It includes mud flaps (and I found that small plastic pieces super useful), rubber liner and a bag.
When I collected Orange one, they discounted everything! But they did installed mud flaps and promised me rubber liner and the bag (I actually kept the bag). So I'm waiting for delivery.

Now...considering the booth is smaller and there's some useful space underneath, rubber one will only add some weight on accessing the space underneath. It's not like will access that space often and rubber thingy will help a lot with cleaning. So I'll take it when it arrives.

Rosie60

Post by Rosie60 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:41 pm

204B56E3-4463-4435-9428-E4334E79070D.jpeg

Booked car in to get the navigation screenlooked at. Suddenly have half blank screen instead of parking info etc.
Spent some time with salesman trying to sell me a new orange edition,
Upgraded to 2020 Orange edition with protection pack, supaguard, and dashcam.
Previously owned a 2017 Excel in Tyrol Silver with protection pack, Supaguard treatment, protection pack and boot liner.

drabisan

Post by drabisan » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:48 pm

Lack of any useful info on the right side of the screen is ~1 year old.
Crappy software! It used to have weather, parking...after March 2019 update (AFAI remember) nothing but blank space.
I'm almost sure it was at the same time when POI search of Google disappeared, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rosie60

Post by Rosie60 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:25 am

drabisan wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:48 pm
Crappy software! It used to have weather, parking...after March 2019 update (AFAI remember) nothing but blank space.
I'm almost sure it was at the same time when POI search of Google disappeared, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Mine was working ok last week, and the software is up to date. I shall report back on the results of the visit to the garage, which is booked for tomorrow
Previously owned a 2017 Excel in Tyrol Silver with protection pack, Supaguard treatment, protection pack and boot liner.

Rosie60

Post by Rosie60 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:10 pm

Rosie60 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:25 am
drabisan wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:48 pm
Mine was working ok last week, and the software is up to date. I shall report back on the results of the visit to the garage, which is booked for tomorrow
Update. I’m an idiot! Cancelled garage. Went to settings/maps/split screen view and ticked apps and media. Result - parking and radio have reappeared.

Rosie60

Post by Rosie60 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:35 pm

I’ve ordered an orange edition! I think I’ve got a very good deal. Smitten by the extra power and the quietness. It sure about about the heated steering wheel. Due for delivery in April

MarkyMUK

I sold mine

Post by MarkyMUK » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:26 pm

I sold my 2017 Icon hybrid today for £16,000

Private seller wanted to haggle so I asked him:

How many cars would have just 31k on them?
How many would have a brand new MOT that runs until 28 Feb next year?
How many would have been paint corrected and sealed, plus glass sealant?
How many would have a new dealer service (done Thursday)?
How many would have wind deflectors and mudflaps all round?
How many would have red painted calipers?
How many would have 4 tyres with 5mm of tread?*
How many of the others were road tax exempt?

I said I'd drop to £15,800 but would remove the flaps, boot rubber mat and wind deflectors :D

He left a £1000 deposit and collects next weekend with his wife to drive back their other car :)

* I took my Michy CrossClimate+ that I've had fitted for 2.5yrs off that were all at 6mm, only because they'll also fit my Peug 2008 and refitted the Primacy 3's that were supplied with my C-HR when new.

Sad that the Govt in their wisdom increased the road tax in April 2017 on hybrids, or I may have been tempted, but have the following on my 2016 Peug 2008 1.2THP:

Heated seats (I appreciate that some C-HR's have these
Satnav that is streets ahead of the Toyota one
A Pan roof - no C-HR has one of these and it is a major oversight IMO
400l of luggage space/1400 with the seats folded 6/17% larger than the original C-HR and much larger than the new one plus it's flat loading!
0-62 of 9.3 seconds from a 1.2 Turbo
Has grip control and all season tyres (Goodyear Vector 4 seasons)
Heated mirrors/self folding mirrors
Autolock at 10mph (which I can disable or use a button to lock all doors and boot
Auto closure/opening of windows on lock/unlock

Plus I have £5k in the bank after buying the Peug!

Am not worried about 'street credit' as my other cars have this in abundance the Peug (as the C-HR before it) will be a workhorse for commuting, M'way work and tip runs.

Best of luck to everyone!
Decuma Grey Hybrid ceramic paint sealed Icon with mud flaps and wind deflectors
Audi A6 3.0 quattro, remapped to 268BHP quad zausts
2014 Jaguar XK Dynamic R running at 560bhp

GoonerKev

Post by GoonerKev » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:33 pm

Installed my Next-Base front dashcam, hard wired it in, was really easy & works a treat. Also replaced Dome lights in the front, rear passenger and Boot with LED's, much better.
Toyota C-HR 1.2T Excel 5dr CVT AWD, Vespa PX, Scomadi TL200
Honda Silverwing, Yamaha Virago XV535DX