Flat battery!

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Phil2306

Flat battery!

Post by Phil2306 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:25 pm

I have a 4 month old Dynamic hybrid. 2k miles on clock. Went to local supermarket today, left the wife in car with radio and air con working on ignition setting. After 25 minutes I returned, she said everything has gone off. I tried to start the car, no chance everything dead. Rang Toyota breakdown, great service, an AA fitter arrived in 30 minutes, asked what was wrong. He jumped the 12v battery, said it was as good as dead. And I started the car ok. Right questions why does the car allow you to run until battery flat? I used to have a BMW that used to cut out if you tried that. The fitter said to run the car on petrol at least a hour?? Is that possible? It always starts on electric. Even though it is a hybrid the whole car relies on the 12 v battery strange. Anyone else had this issue? (I drove the car on motorway for over an hour seems fine now).

ans

Re: Flat battery!

Post by ans » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:54 pm

had a similar issue myself ,left the radio on for 4 hours and battery went flat, left it for 20 mins and it recharged enough to start , went for a long drive to charge and been fine since ,theses cars do have very small batteries to start the engine but 25 mins i would say the battery is duff and take it back to the dealer to be tested ;)
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi
Ordered SEPT 2016 arrived Jan 2017
https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes slk 350

Kostas_F

Post by Kostas_F » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:11 pm

When installed new update for the Navi, after some minutes main battery level dropped. Then engine kicked to charge it.
Also in accessories mode, it automatically turned off by itself to prevent battery drain.
Never had such an issue.
Toyota C-HR (C-Enter) Hybrid.

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:05 pm

Also in accessories mode, it automatically turned off by itself to prevent battery drain.
Mine does the same as that if I leave the radio on in Accessories mode
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

mjvdzwet

Post by mjvdzwet » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:25 am

I had a drained battery too. I thought I depressed the brake paddle far enough. But I didn't. While setting up my destination and waiting for my wife. Within 10 minutes the dashboard lights flickered and the battery was dead. Toyota assistance arrived within 20 minutes to jump start the car.

I'm surprised to see it might be a bug.

For those whose car shutdown needly. Which type do you have and when did you got it.

Mine is a Hybrid from January 2017.
Happy and fun driving... is driving a Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium Metalstream Grey

Kostas_F

Post by Kostas_F » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:38 am

Hybrid, March 30th 2017. Greece.
Toyota C-HR (C-Enter) Hybrid.

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:07 pm

Hybrid March 201i7 UK
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

MarkyMUK

Post by MarkyMUK » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:31 pm

Mine too switches everything off after about 5 mins (IIRC)

Sounds like your a bit of a pioneer Phil and ended up with a dud battery :(
Decuma Grey Hybrid ceramic paint sealed Icon with mud flaps and wind deflectors
Audi A6 3.0 quattro, remapped to 268BHP quad zausts
2014 Jaguar XK Dynamic R running at 560bhp

dabar

Post by dabar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:09 pm

I too have had a flat bettery on a couple of occasions over the last couple of weeks.

First time - after I had left the boot open for about an hour and a half. At the time I blamed the bulb in the boot but then I thought there's no way that single bulb could drain the battery, especially as the day before I had done a 100 mile trip. After a jump start from a kind gent who had a set of jump leads it was fine for the 100 mile trip home. I got home and put it on charge with a battery charger as I was shocked to find it still wasn't full.

Second time happened this morning - I had been doing a number of short trips at the weekend but nothing outside of my normal routine. A quick fast charge and I got it started again.

Mines in for a service this month so will raise this.

Mine is a June 2017.
Dynamic Hybrid - Decuma Grey - (Premium + Sports + Protection packs)

Dave D

Re: Flat battery! Any Advice?

Post by Dave D » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:11 am

I am going away for about six weeks shortly, my Hybrid will be in a locked garage while I am away. My previous car Vauxhall gtc I always left it unlocked in the garage so as the alarm system did not flatten the battery.and had no problem when I came to start it on my return...What should I do with this Hybrid if the battery goes flat so quick ? Any suggedtions guys.?
Hybrid Excel White Pearl....With no stick on plastic bits from China... Running on supermarket fuel...

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”