MPG

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Unclegee

Re: MPG

Post by Unclegee » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:59 am

I have currently got a Golf 1.6tdi dgs gearbox and brought it because of it fuel economy of 69mpg.

Yeah on long motaway journey l was getting near 60mpg but most of my driving is around town lucky to get 40mpg at the moment getting 35mpg. That's why l have now ordered the chr hybrid if l can get 50 mpg around town l will be well happy.

C-HR excel hybrid in black delivery date April.
Toyota C-hr Excel Hybrid in Black

Ireallywantone

Post by Ireallywantone » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:57 am

Unclegee wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:59 am
I have currently got a Golf 1.6tdi dgs gearbox and brought it because of it fuel economy of 69mpg.

Yeah on long motaway journey l was getting near 60mpg but most of my driving is around town lucky to get 40mpg at the moment getting 35mpg. That's why l have now ordered the chr hybrid if l can get 50 mpg around town l will be well happy.

C-HR excel hybrid in black delivery date April.
Hopefully mate. With the petrol prices rises, this is ridiculous. Plus the car tax on top of that. As some people mentioned, after April, no point in hybrid, tax band will be same as for 2.0l diesel tdi, and long journeys are similar mpg(some), but then, they worry about pollution and global warming etc. Where is the sense?! 😂

Garry

Post by Garry » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:48 am

50 MPG does seem an achievable target on the Hybrid. Taking a look at spiritmonitor.de which is building up a reasonable sample size from 8 vehicles we see an average of 50.76mpg with a max of 54.99 and a min of 46.49. That min might be slightly skewed as it seems to be often towing a trailer. It is also worth noting that most of these readings seem to be on Winter Tires.

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/overview ... &gearing=3
Company Car: HSD Dynamic Nebula Blue/Black Roof with Red accent ImageImage

ans

Post by ans » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:09 pm

Ireallywantone wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:05 am
That's not bad at all. I'm currently long term @43mpg, but recently on trip to work and back, managing late 40's. Spending around £50 and doing around 340ish miles.(sometimes a bit more/less) That's @ 1.21ppl. Vw polo 1.2 tsi.
well she does try to pull away on electric and does a lot of in town driving so she drives it like miss daisy lol
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi
Ordered SEPT 2016 arrived Jan 2017
Mercedes slk 350

lee789

Post by lee789 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Miss Daisy didn't drive, it was More Than Freeman....lol!!!

JulianoG

Post by JulianoG » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:01 pm

Garry wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:48 am
That min might be slightly skewed as it seems to be often towing a trailer. It is also worth noting that most of these readings seem to be on Winter Tires.
Well, mine is the second one with worst mileage and it is achieved entirely thanks to the low temperatures (always below -5C and down to -15C) and heavy traffic - my engine is almost constantly running to heat the cabin and to provide propulsion because the battery is too cold. In such conditions the mileage easily drops to 40 MPG. In the rare and short periods when the weather was warm, the mileage immediately jumped to 65 MPG. This is why I am expecting a huge improvement in a couple of months.

As for the winter tires, mine are 215/65 r16 which is narrower than the summer ones 225/50 r18. Which means that their influence is negligible.
C-HR Hybrid White Pearl with Black RoofImageImage

Ireallywantone

Post by Ireallywantone » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:25 pm

Garry wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:48 am
50 MPG does seem an achievable target on the Hybrid. Taking a look at spiritmonitor.de which is building up a reasonable sample size from 8 vehicles we see an average of 50.76mpg with a max of 54.99 and a min of 46.49. That min might be slightly skewed as it seems to be often towing a trailer. It is also worth noting that most of these readings seem to be on Winter Tires.

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/overview ... &gearing=3
Thanks for the link. Not bad i think. Now I want it even more 😁

Garry

Post by Garry » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Thanks JulianoG for clarifying. That makes a great deal of sense and where I am we are highly unlikely to see temperatures that cold which really makes me hopeful. I also hadn't realised that the winter tires could be narrower - not used to having winter tires here! - that would certainly negate any real impact.
Company Car: HSD Dynamic Nebula Blue/Black Roof with Red accent ImageImage

Simongw

Post by Simongw » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Picked mine up today. Have driven nearly 100 miles. Average speed of 47 m.p.h. Mainly steady speed on A roads; some town driving; some overtaking; some hills (I live in SW Scotland); some country roads. Meter telling me 57.8 mpg. Early days, I know....however, taking my RAV4 (2.2 diesel) on almost the same trip in reverse- 42.5 m.p.g.
1.8 hybrid Icon in Havana brown, with tech pack

MarkyMUK

Post by MarkyMUK » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Clearly trip computers can be a little optimistic (weirdly never pessimistic?) So when I get mine it will be a brim to brim comparison and then that compared with the trip comp to tell my how much out it is.

Will report back by 6th March, as pick mine up 1st and then have to do around 400 miles of driving in the following 5 days :)
Decuma Grey Hybrid ceramic paint sealed Icon with mud flaps and wind deflectors
Audi A6 3.0 quattro, remapped to 268BHP quad zausts
LPG converted Jaguar XK remapped to 346BHP

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”