Car delivery

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Post Reply
Powell230403
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 1:07 pm
Location: London

Car delivery

Post by Powell230403 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:55 pm

I am awaiting my car delivery here in the UK, my dealer has given me the vin number & has told me all he can find on his system is that the car is showing as at sea. Can anyone give me an approximate wait time on delivery if they have experienced this themselves. Thanks


DuncanM
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset, UK

Re: Car delivery

Post by DuncanM » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:09 pm

I got my Excel exactly two weeks after ordering. It was base colour White and so was probably in a compound somewhere.
I don't know why anyone has to wait a long time as there isn't a big list of factory options to make each one bespoke. It's all dealer fit body styling.
1.2 Petrol Manual Excel Pure White
Ordered 16 May delivered 2 June


User avatar
asinrute
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:38 pm
Location: N Somerset UK

Re: Car delivery

Post by asinrute » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:29 pm

I live near the Toyota import centre at Portbury Dock, I cycled past there last week there must have been 300 to 400 CH-Rs parked up there waiting to go out to dealers
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards


DuncanM
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset, UK

Re: Car delivery

Post by DuncanM » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Which goes to show you dont need to wait more than two weeks if you are flexible on colour.
1.2 Petrol Manual Excel Pure White
Ordered 16 May delivered 2 June


Powell230403
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 1:07 pm
Location: London

Re: Car delivery

Post by Powell230403 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Thanks guys that's really helpful to know especially how many are at the dock, I hope to see mine real soon
My car I ordered is demuca grey manual 1.2 excel no extras so very straight forward I hope


ravedave
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:34 am
Location: Seaside,Essex

Re: Car delivery

Post by ravedave » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:56 am

Powell230403 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:55 pm
I am awaiting my car delivery here in the UK, my dealer has given me the vin number & has told me all he can find on his system is that the car is showing as at sea. Can anyone give me an approximate wait time on delivery if they have experienced this themselves. Thanks
I do understand a little now after reading above SHOWING AS AT SEA what my dealer told me , dealer did not give me the VIN number but said my car has been built but why do I need VIN number ? :?


ravedave
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:34 am
Location: Seaside,Essex

Re: Car delivery

Post by ravedave » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:02 am

asinrute wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:29 pm
I live near the Toyota import centre at Portbury Dock, I cycled past there last week there must have been 300 to 400 CH-Rs parked up there waiting to go out to dealers
300 to 400 CH-Rs awaiting to go out to dealers, you would think haulage drivers get paid by the load out of our delivery charges would jump for the work :o


Gregoriou
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:53 am
Location: Cambridge

Re: Car delivery

Post by Gregoriou » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:34 pm

My Club (dynamic) took around 2.5 months.

I believe they make the car in turkey if I am not mistaken?


Alflavor
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:26 pm
Location: Peterborough, UK

Re: Car delivery

Post by Alflavor » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:41 am

I've cancelled my order (Dynamic, Nebula Blue) as I was told Dec, then Sept, and now they have said "oh sorry it IS Dec"


Gregoriou
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:53 am
Location: Cambridge

Re: Car delivery

Post by Gregoriou » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:10 pm

Alflavor wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:41 am
I've cancelled my order (Dynamic, Nebula Blue) as I was told Dec, then Sept, and now they have said "oh sorry it IS Dec"
that is a shame. I am sure you would have been happy with it, but there are lots of other good choices out there. Teslas seem to be amazing :)


Post Reply

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”