12V socket inside the Centre Console

All Toyota C-HR related discussions
Penyen

12V socket inside the Centre Console

Post by Penyen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Hello C-HRians,

Any info as to why the 12v socket has been housed inside the centre console? Also, if I have to install a dash cam, will the cable prevent me from closing the centre console properly due to the dash cam cable going into the console? I have no dashcam yet but I will get one sooner. Thanks for your time!

Regards,

Penyen
C-HR 1.2L Turbo Manual 6-speed
Excel Decuma Grey
Tokyo Red Accent Pack
Acquired on 30-09-2017

dim_theo

Re: 12V socket inside the Centre Console

Post by dim_theo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:23 pm

You can charge your phone inside the centre console or you can run a 12v cable around it even when the console is closed and power up anything that you want. Something like this: https://www.yacjp.co.jp/senyou/img/sy-ch5_p05.png

https://youtu.be/Shk0wivSi38

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:15 pm

I bought a 12 volt socket splitter with a USB port that I mounted inside the glove compartment. I use one of the sockets for the forward facing camera and the USB port for my phone and the other socket for my wife’s phone. No problem running the cable out of the glove compartment when it’s closed.
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

Simongw

Post by Simongw » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 pm

My post from a few months back. It all works fine.

I'm putting mine where the tax disc used to go- near the bottom left of windscreen. I have also decided not to do a hardwire but run the cable from the 12v under the front passenger seat and up beside the door, using Velcro to fix it. I have a 12v adaptor that I'll leave in the storage box so that I can also run the cable from my Garmin satnav- which sits on the dash a bit to the right of centre of the windscreen. I deliberately chose the CHR without the Satnav option (Icon) as I like my Garmin and didn't feel the need for the capital outlay and ongoing costs of updates for something I'd only need on an occasional basis.
1.8 hybrid Icon in Havana brown, with tech pack

Penyen

Post by Penyen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:55 pm

My friends, very informative responses here. Thank you so much. Very much appreciated. Happy driving with your C-HRs!
Excel Decuma Grey
Tokyo Red Accent Pack
Acquired on 30-09-2017

Penyen

Post by Penyen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:27 am

@dim_theo,

thanks for that youtube video. can't help myself so i ordered one. may take few weeks as it will originate from japan. that's with 2 usb ports and 2 12v sockets expansion. this is exactly what I need. Have a good day!

Regards,

Penyen
Excel Decuma Grey
Tokyo Red Accent Pack
Acquired on 30-09-2017

Leggera

Post by Leggera » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:55 am

My camera runs off the usb provided under the dash near the drive selector. Then i have a triple usb in the centre console. It shuts ok if you make sure the cable is postioned away from the latch or two supports.

If your camera is power hungry the usb port may not work for you. My motorola cam uses very little power.

Penyen

Post by Penyen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:20 am

Hello Leggera,
Thanks for the info. Nextbase dashcam i think will work well on usb, but i already ordered an expansion socket with 2 usb ports and 2 12v power ports. Whichever works, then that’s the port i am going to use. Have a good day!

Regards, Penyen
Excel Decuma Grey
Tokyo Red Accent Pack
Acquired on 30-09-2017

Return to “Main Toyota C-HR chat”