Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Key fob battery

17K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Toyota_Fan 
#1 ·
Hi, does anyone know how to replace the battery in a fob? Are there any issues with loosing the code etc? Thanks

#5 ·
Karmalakas said:
holyhead said:
Page 561 of the user manual.
Yeah, right :D There should be something between steps 2 and 3
I've removed the cover, but battery is nowhere near visible from any side :D
That is what the manual said :D

#7 ·
asinrute said:
if the
battery cannot be seen due to the
electronic key module attaching to
the upper cover, remove the electronic
key module from the cover
so that the battery is visible as
shown in the illustration.
Yes all on page 561 from the manual :D

#11 ·
Ok, got it sorted.

Take the fob apart as manual instruction. The electronics are indeed stuck to the lower case but it's no big deal to pull off. It's just stuck on with small pad. Pull the electronics away from the case to expose the battery (3032). 'Simples' and cheaper than taking it to the dealer.

#13 ·
A few weeks ago my car stated low battery in key fob and as I was close thought I know as I have a good relationship with the dealer I'll get them to do it ( Unkown to me how easy it was for me to do it), done with in 30 seconds the cost was cough cough £8 my eyes started to water anyway today my other key fob battery was low as well found out how to do it £0.32 it cost me and a Duracell one to boot not a crappy Panasonic battery :D

#15 ·
Hi Karmalakes,
I dd but it makes it sound such a hacking way to open it when you dont actually need an screw driver at all, on hybrid keyless entry fob just remove the emergency key then hold both pieces either side of the key fob aperture and pull apart then it's split in half take out the buttons turn over remove battery replace with new battery and put back together done, manual makes it look so much harder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.