Roadside Assistance

New to the Toyota C-HR Forums? Introduce yourself here
Aussieinuk
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:51 pm
Location: Bishops Stortford

Roadside Assistance

Post by Aussieinuk » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:12 pm

Hi Everyone
I just ordered a brand new 2 litre Excel , so I thought it would be worthwhile to join this forum. A question I forgot to ask the salesman . Is roadside assistance included in the warranty? I have it with my current Lexus. Expect to pick up the car within the next couple of weeks. I hope I made the right decision.

Alexr
Posts: 745
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:39 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Re: Roadside Assistance

Post by Alexr » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:46 pm

You get 12 months free. Then (if you stay with it) it costs £72 pa
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

flyboy3
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Roadside Assistance

Post by flyboy3 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:39 pm

A little annoyingly, you can't use the AA app to report your position etc. It seems it's just a number to call.

The £72 renewal price however seems a good price for AA coverage. I used to do the yearly dance between AA and RAC before, getting "introductory" deals or cash back that would bring the price to that level. At renewal they'd want £130 ish. If this takes the hassle out of haggling, great.

But the real question is how often have people needed to call the AA? :D
MY21 1.8 Metal Stream Excel JBL with Chrome Protection

Alexr
Posts: 745
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:39 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Re: Roadside Assistance

Post by Alexr » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:09 am

flyboy3 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:39 pm
A little annoyingly, you can't use the AA app to report your position etc. It seems it's just a number to call.

The £72 renewal price however seems a good price for AA coverage. I used to do the yearly dance between AA and RAC before, getting "introductory" deals or cash back that would bring the price to that level. At renewal they'd want £130 ish. If this takes the hassle out of haggling, great.

But the real question is how often have people needed to call the AA? :D
Once when the battery was flat during lockdown.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loved driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream for 4 yrs
Now loving my C-HR 2.0 Dynamic in Pearl White and black. :P

smartly
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:27 am
Location: Worcs.

Re: Roadside Assistance

Post by smartly » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:29 am

Once when the battery was flat during lockdown.
Same as me on my previous CHR, but ever since I've kept the battery charged myself ( as I do low mileage now ) and carry a small boost pack.
2020 (20 ) Toyota C-HR 2.0 Hybrid Orange Edition

2018 ( 68 ) Toyota C-HR 1.8 Hybrid in Nebula Blue, Dynamic with Premium Pack

flyboy3
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Roadside Assistance

Post by flyboy3 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:27 pm

smartly wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:29 am
Once when the battery was flat during lockdown.
Same as me on my previous CHR, but ever since I've kept the battery charged myself ( as I do low mileage now ) and carry a small boost pack.
Boost pack? Please Explain!
MY21 1.8 Metal Stream Excel JBL with Chrome Protection

smartly
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:27 am
Location: Worcs.

Re: Roadside Assistance

Post by smartly » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:22 pm

It is a small pack, charged from USB and gives enough charge to start the car. It fits in a sandwich box !!
2020 (20 ) Toyota C-HR 2.0 Hybrid Orange Edition

2018 ( 68 ) Toyota C-HR 1.8 Hybrid in Nebula Blue, Dynamic with Premium Pack

Forkingabout
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:25 pm
Location: UK

Re: Roadside Assistance

Post by Forkingabout » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:50 pm

Is it a rechargeable battery based booster pack OR one of the newer super capacitor type booster packs?

flyboy3
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Roadside Assistance

Post by flyboy3 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:41 pm

smartly wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:22 pm
It is a small pack, charged from USB and gives enough charge to start the car. It fits in a sandwich box !!
Got a link per chance? Price? And does it work on the hybrid models?
MY21 1.8 Metal Stream Excel JBL with Chrome Protection

ColinB
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:17 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: Roadside Assistance

Post by ColinB » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:04 pm

flyboy3 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:41 pm
smartly wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:22 pm
It is a small pack, charged from USB and gives enough charge to start the car. It fits in a sandwich box !!
Got a link per chance? Price? And does it work on the hybrid models?
just under £78. I bought one after having a flat battery during lockdown. I've not tried it, although I choose this one after someone else on this forum recommended it. You don't actually need that much power as it only has to start up the main electrics, rather than the engine itself. Useful to take away on the motorbike though.
I also used the AA recently when I suffered from a punctured tyre that couldn't be temporarily fixed using the foam, they brought along a spare wheel and followed me to a tyre depot.

Post Reply