New excited member

New to the Toyota C-HR Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jscubajohnny

New excited member

Post by Jscubajohnny » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:50 am

Hi my names john ,
As the title says new excited member. Im excited not because the pubs open tommorow but because im test driving a chr 2.0 excell tommorow 😀. Hopefully after the test drive ill be ordering a new one.
What do i like about the excell? Simple really everything. what dont i like about it ? Nothing to be honest, but i do have a few concerns
1 have toyota finaly sorted the windscreen issue out.
2 is the 12vlt battery as bad as so many people make out if its not been used in a while ( say two week at an airport).
3 Not entirely happy at not having a spare tyre ( but an easy fix at the cost of luggage space ).
4 and finally on a all black leather interior why put that horrible brown colour on the arm rest, dash and doors.
Hopefully these issues shouldnt put me off i can deal with the spare tyre, i will have to get used to the interior and the other issues should be covered with the warranty.
So hopefully in a couple of weeks i should be the proud owner of a brand new 2ltr excell in black
Last edited by Jscubajohnny on Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drabisan

Re: New excited member

Post by drabisan » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Hope you enjoy the test drive. I bought mine with no test drive whatsoever. But I was coming from a 1.8 so I knew what I was buying.
1. No clue what you're talking about. I drove C-HR for 3y+ and had no problems with windscreen.
2. Reading the forums can cause concerns a problem is widespread when is not. Not everyone here had problems with 12V battery. After a week or so not touching the car your hard may skip a beat because keyless entry doesn't work. Key and/or car stops broadcasing the radio signal after a while (it says in manual after how long). Unlocking the car from key works.
3. Not having a spare wheel may be a concern/big deal. I understand their reasons not to install one. It's a trade you may want to make, loose some space in a already not large trunk vs having a spare tyre. Repair kit is there, it doesn't sound trivial to use it, but at least in Ireland you can call Toyota for anything for 3y. And some insurers also are offering road side assist.
4. I like the interior color choice to my Orange one. It may be different?

Jscubajohnny

Post by Jscubajohnny » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:30 pm

Thanks for the reply , like i said in my post lm not too concerned with the windscreen and battery issues because they would be covered by warranty, i can always try and barter for the spare wheel , upholstery i will get used too , cheers

Alexr

Post by Alexr » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Jscubajohnny wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:50 am
Hi my names john ,
As the title says new excited member. Im excited not because the pubs open tommorow but because im test driving a chr 2.0 excell tommorow 😀. Hopefully after the test drive ill be ordering a new one.
What do i like about the excell? Simple really everything. what dont i like about it ? Nothing to be honest, but i do have a few concerns
1 have toyota finaly sorted the windscreen issue out.
2 is the 12vlt battery as bad as so many people make out if its not been used in a while ( say two week at an airport).
3 Not entirely happy at not having a spare tyre ( but an easy fix at the cost of luggage space ).
4 and finally on a all black leather interior why put that horrible brown colour on the arm rest, dash and doors.
Hopefully these issues shouldnt put me off i can deal with the spare tyre, i will have to get used to the interior and the other issues should be covered with the warranty.
So hopefully in a couple of weeks i should be the proud owner of a brand new 2ltr excell in black
Hi, good to hear of your excitement, and welcome.
1. Windscreen issue sorted out ages ago.
2. Battery issue only seems to have raised its head over lockdown. My 3-yr old chr stood for 18 days untouched and battery had died. AA told me I needed new one (maybe trying to sell me one?!). Cost £120, I probably could have got it under warranty or online for about £65. So not a big deal, Should be ok for up to 14 days if strong.
3. Spare tyre not bothered me. Not needed one for years and saved more in fuel than cost of new one by now.
4. I LOVE the brown leather interior!, Personal taste.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:32 pm

1 windscreen issue is sorted
2 Never had a problem with the battery left it several times for 14 days and once for 28 days when on holiday, always started straight away.
3 Spare tyre, I agree with you, but in 3 years and 40k miles never had a puncture and if I do I will call Toyota breakdown and plead ignorance
4 I have black leather interior no problem
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

Jscubajohnny

Post by Jscubajohnny » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:43 pm

Thanks for the replys guys, your filling me with confidence,

Anixie

Post by Anixie » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 pm

No windscreen issues
No battery issuess (3 weeks standing still...)
Do hate the stupid useless inflate kit, but hey toyota mobility covers that...
No leather, Had leather seats when my kids were small, and needed easy to clean seats. Back to way more comfortable cloth now.
Have fun with your test drive. Mine was exactly as I expected it to be. Boring, slow, but easy to get in and out, 1/2 the consumption of my then current car and waaaay more space in the back (I parts exchanged a GT86 for a hybrid CHR.....)
Ruby-Flare C-HR C-Lub Hybrid version, black roof, JBL sound system

Jscubajohnny

Post by Jscubajohnny » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:32 pm

So had the test drive today enjoyed it that much ive only gone and ordered one , all being well a 2ltr excell in black should be mine in two weeks 😃