Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Intro

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  phillips88 
#1 ·
Hi Peoples

In Australia - Sydney - 2020 C-HR Hybrid.

Great car, apart from shonky Toyota dealer LOL (Aren't they all?)

They installed window tint on front side windows, and the tint had a bubble; they wanted to wash their hands of this problem. Under Australian law they can't, but being in the car business, like talking to a brick wall. Eventually Toyota sorted it for me.

Forum looks helpful, hope I can contribute usefully as well.

Take care out there! And drive safely.

#2 ·
Hey. What's the feeling for Toyota in Australia at the moment? Looking to one day move back and may want to get a C-HR (if they still make them by that time!).

Side window tint? Isn't the car dark enough as it is! :D

Are there any plans for Australia to improve it's emission and petrol grades? If I understand right imported cars need to be downgraded to cope with the petrol grade? If not I may ship mine over if its cheaper than buying one when the time comes!

#3 ·
Depends when you move back I suppose, if still available, Toyota made some "improvements" on the 20202 range when 2021 was introduced for sale. This is their website https://www.toyota.com.au/c-hr

The cars come from Japan where side front window tint is illegal; they do come with rear window tint. Possible back window tint as well, I need to look.

Cars don't need to be downgraded at all to meet fuel standards here, the Toyota C-HR runs on "standard" unleaded 92 Ron. Not 10% ethanol mixed with Standard. No plans announced re emissions (that I am aware of), but the Hybrid would surely meet any such standards. You can also get the 3 cylinder , if Hybrid is not your bag.

Word of warning - two states are increasing taxation on electric & hybrid vehicles to make up for lost revenue from tax at the fuel pump. Retrograde step.

Latest fuel prices as seen yesterday in Sydney 92 Ron standard AUD1.25 litre;; equivalent to 0.65 Euros, or 0.70 GB Pounds. And of course all metric here. (or should be). BTW fuel prioces van vary up to 40 cents a litre (or more) from suburb to suburb.

Shipping car over may cost you squillions, you need to check the costs carefully, and even if allowed into Australia.

Hope this helps, anyone else may wish to correct me, go ahead.

Take care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.