Advice

New to the Toyota C-HR Forums? Introduce yourself here
Cashman81

Advice

Post by Cashman81 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:40 pm

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a used 1.8 chr probably the excel or dynamic, but have a few of questions I would like to ask if anyone can help:

What sort of average mpg has anyone got on motorway driving? Aware this will be less than city driving average etc.

I have heard the 2017 model has issues? Does anyone have any info on that or is that something I have imagined?

And lastly any main cons to it although you could well love the chr?

Appreciate any kind of response or feedback

Thanks

ans

Re: Advice

Post by ans » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:14 pm

no issues that i know of , there was the windscreen cracking that seemed to happen to early 66 plates but i guess all would have been replaced by now, but someone will chip in i there is something that i missed
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi

https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes 2020 CLA 250 premium plus

Alexr

Post by Alexr » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:53 pm

Cashman81 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:40 pm
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a used 1.8 chr probably the excel or dynamic, but have a few of questions I would like to ask if anyone can help:

What sort of average mpg has anyone got on motorway driving? Aware this will be less than city driving average etc.

I have heard the 2017 model has issues? Does anyone have any info on that or is that something I have imagined?

And lastly any main cons to it although you could well love the chr?

Appreciate any kind of response or feedback

Thanks
Don’t know who told you about issues, but I would not believe it, There have been one or two teething problems that have been fixed (eg winscreen, puddle lights) and a couple of recalls - again fixed.
A con? Hard one, that. Some complain about the sat nav and audio, but I find them ok.
Mpg varies by temperature and speed. In summer on motorway (at 65-70mph) I can get up to 66 mpg. Over 4 yrs I have averaged 56mpg.
I am about to buy a new one - but going for 2.0 litre this time.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:38 am

Don’t know who told you about issues, but I would not believe it, There have been one or two teething problems that have been fixed (eg winscreen, puddle lights) and a couple of recalls - again fixed.
A con? Hard one, that. Some complain about the sat nav and audio, but I find them ok.
Mpg varies by temperature and speed. In summer on motorway (at 65-70mph) I can get up to 66 mpg. Over 4 yrs I have averaged 56mpg.
Exactly the same for me, nearly 4 years old now and I've done over 40k miles
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Cashman81 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:40 pm
Like most (if not all) completely new models of any brand have issues at first. And yes, there were some (cracked windscreen, rattle in the back - probably most noted here in forum), but these were all solved in the first year or so. So you should be good
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)