Another New Owner

New to the Toyota C-HR Forums? Introduce yourself here
nigelhj

Another New Owner

Post by nigelhj » Wed May 22, 2019 6:46 pm

Hello, have been reading this forum for a couple of months and since collecting my new C-HR Dynamic Hybrid yesterday thought it is about time I registered and join your community of happy C-HR owners! :lol:

Happy is rather an understatement of how I feel about this car, took one out for a 24 hour test drive some months ago after watching a number of videos on You Tube regarding car reviewers giving their opinions on the Hybrid. My opinion was of the complete opposite of how they perceived the car but that is how I feel about it. The car drove extremely well and as for the engine noise sounding too loud when power is applied is not as bad as they made out and as for the lack of performance it is very much on a par with my previous car which was a Nissan Qashqai with a diesel engine and I found the C-HR Hybrid to have sufficient amount of mid-range power to pass slower moving traffic and heavy goods vehicles comfortably.

It was February when I took the C-HR out on a local run and not very warm (some 64 miles distance round trip) I achieved an average of 64 mpg beating the Qashqai by at least 8mpg though could have done better but wanted to get the feel of the car by varying my speed according to the road layout/conditions.

On collecting my car on Tuesday morning we went on the same journey but this time drove it differently from my test drive as the hybrid certainly requires a more refined approach to driving as apposed to a conventional engine and (with the weather being much warmer) achieved 71.4mpg though my speed was around 50-55mph and feather-lite on the throttle.

Equally, this is the first time I have driven an automatic but apart from on a couple of occasions finding my left foot going to a none existent clutch and the left hand to an equally none existent gear lever I am really enjoying this new world of motoring joy.

Regards
Nigel.
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

ans

Re: Another New Owner

Post by ans » Wed May 22, 2019 6:49 pm

hello and welcome to the club
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi
Ordered SEPT 2016 arrived Jan 2017
https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes slk 350

Markiebhoy

Post by Markiebhoy » Wed May 22, 2019 7:08 pm

Good to hear Nigel, do you have pics of your new car?
White DESIGN with Black Leather

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Wed May 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Hi Markiebhoy, I do indeed and will post that onto the members Gallery very shortly.

Regards
Nigel.
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

turboted10

Post by turboted10 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:11 am

That's very interesting especially the mpg figures. I get fixated on driving to suit conditions but going for extreme mpg when possible, I'm encouraged by that.

My sil had a prius hybrid as a company car. He drove it as a company car, still got 55mpg over it's whole lifetime with him.

We are waiting for our hybrid excell CHR by the way, 5 months to wait and only 3 weeks in.

Return to “Introductions”