Like / Reputation button and trader feedback ...and Ads...

Forum suggestions, help and advice.
james.actual

Like / Reputation button and trader feedback ...and Ads...

Post by james.actual » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Couple of feature idea's

a Like button for posts, along with a reputation system be it positive only or a + & - system

Trader feedback, I've used this on IPB so not sure if its available for phpBB, but it adds a nice touch to the selling section as you can see a sellers reputation be it good or bad and also see comments about the sale
i.e. https://invisioncommunity.com/files/fil ... ck-system/

Nobody likes adverts, why not setup a plugin to upgrade users who contribute to a group that don't see adverts, if everyone paid £10 a year etc that would cover the hosting costs and also you still get revenue from guests that click the links on ads.
You can also setup paid member sections and could even freeup some user preferences to make the donation worth while.

ans

Re: Like / Reputation button and trader feedback ...and Ads...

Post by ans » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:36 pm

ads discussed here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=780
like button discussed here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=171
as for selling we dont seem to have a big for sale market at the moment but Rob probably clarify things if he feels the need
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi
Ordered SEPT 2016 arrived Jan 2017
https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes slk 350

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Like / Reputation button and trader feedback ...and Ads...

Post by Rob » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:27 pm

Thanks. As mentioned above I would really ‘like’ some sort of thanks / like / reactions system but there is nothing built into phpbb and no supported extensions either. I do keep checking though.

To be honest no plans to change the ad system, I just don’t think people will buy into a subscription model so I’m not going to develop that. I do keep ad’s to a minimum and no plans to add more.

Return to “Website Issues”