Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Crack appeared on windscreen today

118K views 221 replies 85 participants last post by  raija 
#1 ·
Hope it is not a sign of things to come, picked the car up with a dent on the rear door, and today, went to drive the car and a crack has appeared on the windscreen, dealership are replacing screen and sorting out door on Wednesday, hope nothing else happens.

#3 ·
It's me now!
Stopped for five mins. Out of car and good old 3inch on RHS. Drove off cursing and as I did a 3point turn it split by 90' and doubled. So have a square on drivers side. Phoned dealer from car and as I finished call there was a snap and left side joined in!! Drove to dealer and I'm second for them, 5th in Europe. Safe to drive ( at min) but warrenty fix in a couple of weeks. Recalibration of camera etc being the hold up. Club Cracked CHR
:-(

#4 ·
TertreRouge24 said:
It's me now!
Stopped for five mins. Out of car and good old 3inch on RHS. Drove off cursing and as I did a 3point turn it split by 90' and doubled. So have a square on drivers side. Phoned dealer from car and as I finished call there was a snap and left side joined in!! Drove to dealer and I'm second for them, 5th in Europe. Safe to drive ( at min) but warrenty fix in a couple of weeks. Recalibration of camera etc being the hold up. Club Cracked CHR
:-(
5th? Make it 50 better :shock:

#6 ·
The screen is being replaced by the dealer, as Toyota are aware of this, still have no regrets of getting CHR, our dealer has been really good even before we got the car, nice coffee and friendly salesman and sales manager, I would recommend Toyota at Gatwick

#7 ·
For me, it's toyota at horsham, specifically Motorline Slinfold. Very good team and I'm very happy with them and the car. Yes it's annoying but hey we're all driving around in a new car that turns peoples heads. So no regrets.

#9 ·
Last Sunday I washed my CHR for the first time, at that time the windscreen was ok. But one hour later, while the car was just standing on the sunny driveway a crack had been arrised in the upper left corner of the windscreen.
I hope my Toyota dealer asks a highly qualified company for the replacement, and that this is not a start of more bad luck!
Despite this, I still love driving this fantastic car!

#18 ·
#19 ·
Karmalakas said:
Chris said:
But what is the reason for this crack ?? They didn't say the reason ? :roll:
http://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=472&p=4531&hilit=windscreen+glue#p4531
It's-A-me said:
they almost find the cause (it seems a lack of "glue" in a particular position between the glass and the metal of the car)
Thanks mate. So if that's valid, then why Toyota don't make it an official TSB or to announce something, and fix it for everyone even with no crack at the moment ? Because if its lack of "glue", then at some point will happen to EVERY owner, even after the warranty period. :cry:

#26 ·
A wierd thing to note. I can see out the window properly. My 'faulty' screen was milky almost in comparison to the new one.

Im still not sure if mine (or anyones) has a heated screen. Thats what it looks like almost. Like I had those anoying elements in the old one but not the new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.