Music playback

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
Terry1974

Music playback

Post by Terry1974 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:31 pm

Good evening all.
I’ve recently got a ‘68 plate CHR (Dynamic I believe) as a company car.
Really enjoying it as it’s a big change from the Golf GT that I had previously. However, there’s a very annoying issue with music playback via Bluetooth from my phone.
The Bluetooth is working fine (I’ve disconnected and re-connected) a few times and the phone etc works perfectly. However, the music playback (using Spotify) works fine , then for no reason just stops working. I have to disconnect and reconnect to get it working again , which is a pain in the arse especially when driving as I have to pull over !!
One other odd thing, I was in the car with my wife the other day when it happened and rather that disconnect / reconnect I got her to ring me just to check the phone. The phone worked fine and when I ended the call the music started playing again.
Sorry it’s a bit long winded, but does anyone have an answer please .

adn1962

Re: Music playback

Post by adn1962 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:02 pm

I don’t use the Bluetooth function for music tbh. I normally just load it all onto usb drive and play from there.

Are you sure it’s not the sat nav trying to announce route which is interfering? I have speed limit visual and audible announcements set on mine, so may be something as simple as that?
Metalstream Excel 2018. Mud flaps, dash cam, Bumper corner protection, chrome boot and sill protectors, door handle protection film, Smoked Toyota wind deflectors, Spare wheel kit.
Bike - 2018 Honda Forza 300, touring screen, top box and Puig handguards.

MichaelD

Post by MichaelD » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 am

Terry,

I have noticed the same thing. Music play back simply stopped whilst I was listening. The last time it happened I did nothing. I drove in silence (which I do not mind doing sometimes), anyway, continued driving touching nothing, then suddenly the music started again. It is as if it disconnected then reconnected of its own accord. I do not has an answer, but this was my experience

adn1962

Post by adn1962 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:10 pm

Probably a signal issue with 4G on your phone and/or Bluetooth.
Metalstream Excel 2018. Mud flaps, dash cam, Bumper corner protection, chrome boot and sill protectors, door handle protection film, Smoked Toyota wind deflectors, Spare wheel kit.
Bike - 2018 Honda Forza 300, touring screen, top box and Puig handguards.

Terry1974

Post by Terry1974 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:39 pm

Thank you for your help