Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Front parking sensor keeps alarming.

40K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Surrey C-HR 
#1 ·
I posted something about this yesterday and having brought it back to dealers I thought I'd share my experience because it can't possibly just be my car that's having the issue.

The problem was that the front parking sensor kept alarming even when the road ahead is clear . The only way to stop it was to disable the park assist (the sensors, nothing to do with the self parking option) on the settings screen.

To clarify, sensor 1 kept alarming:
View attachment 412

I bought it back to the dealers this morning and after several test drives, emails and tech reports to Toyota, phone calls to to Toyota Ireland and about 2 hours it turns out the problem was the number plate surround that the garage fitted had been triggering the front sensor randomly. It's also not the first time Toyota Ireland had heard of the issue.

It can't possibly just be my garage that's made this error.

Hopefully this will be of use to anyone having a similar problem.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Thank You so very much for this...My CHR has been in the garage to get this fault fixed. I shared this thread with them and sure enough, it was the number plate being too long.

What they did notice is the the Number plate plinth on the Excel is different to that on the Dynamic, hence the fault seems to be on Excels only.

Thanks again...Looking forwards to enjoying my CHR at last.!

#10 ·
IslandCHR said:
Thank You so very much for this...My CHR has been in the garage to get this fault fixed. I shared this thread with them and sure enough, it was the number plate being too long.

What they did notice is the the Number plate plinth on the Excel is different to that on the Dynamic, hence the fault seems to be on Excels only.

Thanks again...Looking forwards to enjoying my CHR at last.!
Ah ok that makes sense,

My CHR is a sol trim. The first one to go through my local toyota garage, it must have the same plinth, hence why nobody else's car had the same issue.

#11 ·
hi I have a 2018 Dynamic and my front sensors keep going off - I removed the front plate and the problem was solved. My dealer doesn't seem to know what to do as permanent solution , my plate overhangs the plinth which it doesn't on the 2017 models, although the plate is the same size!.
Any solutions or suggestions out there?

#19 ·
Hi
Im having same problem today, its happened all of a sudden. The other day had to remove battery to charge it. When installing it back everything was fine except for IPA which I needed to be driving the car at over 25mph for like 5 seconds but that was sorted and sensors also worked fine. Today i am having this front sensor problem as explained on this forum. Haven't tried the number plate thing as i have just read this but it was all working fine yesterday? Any suggestions please?
Thanks

#20 ·
Did you find out why the plinth was too long? Did dealer fit wrong one, or is there a derivative for Excel spec?

#22 ·
OK. So it's the number plate, not mounting plinth?
Not sure there is a sensor in middle of bumper, unless it uses radar for that area.

#23 ·
My dynamic has just started showing what I assume to be an alarm to do with sensors. It shows the overhead symbol of the car with 10 little blue circles with crosses in them around the car...3 in front, 3 at rear and 2 each side. Corresponding I think to the sensors. There is also beeping going on. Please does anyone have any knowledge of this effect.

#25 ·
The misbehaving front sensor has finally arrived on my 2019 CHR. I've only had the car a couple of months and as soon as the recent days got sunny the alarm starts sounding. Gloomy days and nights are fine. So it's now switched off in settings until I see what the supplying Dealer has to say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.