Bluetooth frozen

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
Crannog

Bluetooth frozen

Post by Crannog » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:22 am

Hi folks
I have a 2016 CHR hybrid
About two weeks ago most of the system stopped working all I have is normal radio and dab radio
My phone still works through the system etc
But when I press the Bluetooth all it says is loading..... and that it
Aha will load they displays ...... opps can’t play this track etc
JBL Demo will load press play and no sound

I have reset the system to factory setting ...... reset the phone pair all back up still the same the phone and car says it’s all paired up etc
Went in for a service today .... even took it in 6 days ago to show them what it wasn’t doing so when it went for its service they were heads up
But they failed to fix it

Has anyone else had this problem

Cheers in advance

kelvin66

Re: Bluetooth frozen

Post by kelvin66 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:04 am

Hi Crannog,

I've never got my phone to work on bluetooth! It just says it loading but never finishes... I have 20GB of music(4,000 mp3's) on my phone so I think that could be the reason. However, if I start music on my phone it will play through bluetooth and I can forward and advance tracks using the steering wheel switches..

My work around is to make a USB memory using 10GB of my favorite music (2,000) tracks and set the volume using "MP3gain" software to be same as radio and the art work to 250 x 250, quality 85% using "Sense MP3 art resizer" software and that works great with music art work!

Software can be found here:
http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php
http://tnt-tech.blogspot.com/2010/05/ba ... izing.html
Dynamic Hybrid in Decumar Grey.

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:53 pm

I have 8GB of music on my USB stick, both mine and my wife’s phones work perfectly ( Galaxy S8 and IPhone)
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

Crannog

Post by Crannog » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:15 pm

Hi guys thanks for getting back when you press for Bluetooth in the dash all it says is loading it’s not loading my music from my phone all I want to do is listen to Spotify...lol.
The aha (internet radio) loads to the point when it’s about to play then says oops can’t read track and the JBL demo just no sound at all

As for the normal and dab radio they work fines as does making and receiving calls

As I said it’s been factory rest both car and phone even car battery as been disconnected to force it into reset but nothing another thing if you plug USB stick in it doesn’t recognize it

The unit says phone is connected for everything I.e calls , music, internet

Have dealership asking Toyota so see what they come up with ...... personally it looks like a bad software update but if not done it or it’s a new unit

One thing that was strange interior lights stopped working but through here I found out they were turned of under setting again I’m the only one that drives the car and I know I didn’t touch them lol

Cheers

Neil

IceColdCrash

Post by IceColdCrash » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:59 am

Perhaps some permission denied on the phone? (if it's Android, no idea about iPhones).
I would delete touch and go from phone Bluetooth devices, would also delete it from car and would start again, making sure I've given all permissions requested for.
Regarding the lights, could the sync with your toyota account where those settings can be automatically backed up to and synced from.
15/03/2019 - 1.8 Hybrid

IceColdCrash

Post by IceColdCrash » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:05 am

Well, if it happens with different phones also, it's something in the multimedia system,
Do you know if they tried the "reset extension box" from the hidden menu?
15/03/2019 - 1.8 Hybrid

raija

Post by raija » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:12 pm

My C-HR works the same way. Stays downloading forever.
I have two USB sticks (each 32 GB) installed, but they don't interfere with BT.
(as said) If music is started (in my case VLC) from the phone, then TT2 will work, but BT connect snaps. Snapping is caused by wi-fi connection. If the wi-fi connection is disconnected, then a snapping stops. This is another problem and so be it.

I have Nokia 7 plus with about 10 CDs mp3 music (for testing this not so much). I reconnected BT from scratch again and copied music from mobile own ram to external ram disk, but didn't help.

Could it be so that TT2 assumes that the phone has a specific music program what it tries to launch? The connection itself works.

chr.png

Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier

Crannog

Post by Crannog » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Hi thanks again guys
Everything was deleted or reset on phone and car even car battery to see if that made it reset .....nothing
Give dealer a week if nothing demand a new head unit

IceColdCrash

Post by IceColdCrash » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:01 pm

raija wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:12 pm
My C-HR works the same way. Stays downloading forever.
I have two USB sticks (each 32 GB) installed, but they don't interfere with BT.
(as said) If music is started (in my case VLC) from the phone, then TT2 will work, but BT connect snaps. Snapping is caused by wi-fi connection. If the wi-fi connection is disconnected, then a snapping stops. This is another problem and so be it.

I have Nokia 7 plus with about 10 CDs mp3 music (for testing this not so much). I reconnected BT from scratch again and copied music from mobile own ram to external ram disk, but didn't help.

Could it be so that TT2 assumes that the phone has a specific music program what it tries to launch? The connection itself works.
Hey, I was looking at your picture, does c-hr in your country comes with the clock down there or have you replaced it?
Just asking because in Portugal the clock is on the side of the screen and doesn't have 24 hour clock.
Thanks in advance
15/03/2019 - 1.8 Hybrid

raija

Post by raija » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:19 am

The 24 hour clock is just my own installation.
I ordered the clock and the USB hub from the internet and changed the original clock cord to the USB. I didn't want to make any holes in the car. I used an old USB cable that I cut to the right size and soldered the clock. I ordered also 4 little USB sticks.
I'm sorry, but I could not find any more the order of numbers. They have either changed or disappeared. But the pictures were found through my order.

Screenshot_20190623_110944.jpeg

Screenshot_20190623_110848.jpeg

Screenshot_20190623_111049.jpeg

Toyota CH-R Hybrid 2017 with Toyota Touch 2 and Go & miniature English bull terrier