Wind Noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
GK66

Wind Noise

Post by GK66 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:57 am

I seem to have annoying wind noise, not sure if it is coming from door or window. I'm not sure if this is normal or my expectations were too high. Before I go back to the dealer I wanted to check with other owners if they have the same concern. Cheers
Metal Stream 1.2T Dynamic - Loving it :D

Karmalakas

Re: Wind Noise

Post by Karmalakas » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:06 am

In some reviews was mentioned wind noise appears driving around 80km/h or faster. There's an accessory - wind deflectors
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

ans

Post by ans » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:31 pm

no wind noise here, check all the windows are up ?
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi
Ordered SEPT 2016 arrived Jan 2017
https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes slk 350

JulianoG

Post by JulianoG » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:57 pm

It certainly sounds like an open window - I've had to check them several times, but it is just poor door soundproofing of the doors. This is why I am planning to add aftermarket vibro and sound insulation to all four of them.
C-HR Hybrid White Pearl with Black RoofImageImage

StadtPanzer

Post by StadtPanzer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:20 pm

JulianoG wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:57 pm
It certainly sounds like an open window - I've had to check them several times, but it is just poor door soundproofing of the doors. This is why I am planning to add aftermarket vibro and sound insulation to all four of them.

Juliano, what kind of aftermarket vibe and sound proofing? Any details please share.
C-HR Lounge Hybrid in Marlin Grey with LED packet, JBL Sound System, Touch & Go2 Nav System :D

holyhead

Post by holyhead » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:26 pm

I had a testdrive in a Hybrid and a CVT. In the CVT around 100/km and higher there was an anouing whirling wind
comming from the left side (Door or Windscreen ?). while all the windows where closed.
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium
Color: Metalstream Grey metallic
Touch & Go2 Plus Nav System
Ordered Dec. 2016 arrived Jan. 2017
Collected 19 januari 2017

JulianoG

Post by JulianoG » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Well, it will depend on the garage which I will choose for installation. One is certain however - it will not be Dynamat due to pricing. Most probably it will be STP or SilentCoat products, but the project will include 50% coverage of the external door panels and fully covered internal ones. Something like this:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/tq7HvnN9TxM[/youtube]
C-HR Hybrid White Pearl with Black RoofImageImage

Leggera

Post by Leggera » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:51 am

Mine does it at 40mph. Put your window down half way and tug the window gently. It moves an inch left to right and seems super thin. It just doesn't seal nicely on the door frame. Might as well have my punto back ha ha. Didn't notice on my test drive but he insisted he needed the fans on full blast for heat. Now i know why.

LemonTwist

Post by LemonTwist » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:34 am

I could reproduce the wind noise at 40 km/h today but I've seen it in many other cars and I normally don't drive with windows open for two reasons.

1. You collect dust.
2. Wind interrupts good music.

To reproduce the noise keep the front windows completely closed and just open the rear windows half way through. Start driving between 40-50 km/h. You should start hearing the syndrome. To kill the noise just let some wind through the front windows or move the rear windows higher up. Again this is common noise for many cars not C-HR specific.

insomnia

Post by insomnia » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:28 pm

I noticed it too while taking a test drive and yes it sounds like an open window.
Not good for a 25k € car.

Return to “Faults & Technical”