Service interval menu

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
Alexr

Re: Service interval menu

Post by Alexr » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:24 pm

optimuschr wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 am
I checked the service booklet and had an appointment made (and maintenance done). The service tech confirmed I just need to keep manual track of it. Very weird for a 2017 car. All my old cars started moaning for service at around 5000 km before it was needed and reminded me each start.
I personally am very pleased not to have a car that nags me like that. The car already nags me nearly as much as .......!
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

Overexposed

Post by Overexposed » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:08 pm

I am pretty sure I have seen a service km countdown in my car but I’ll check it out again... i think it is by pressing the trip button...after ODO, TRIP A and TRIP B...
1.2 Turbo Manual - C-ENTER - Metal Stream

johnan

Post by johnan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:11 pm

The 1.2T shows the mileage to service when started and the display then reverts to trip or odometer after a short time.
Apparently this is because turbochargers must have an oil feed with clean oil and Toyota want to help make sure it is changed when it should be by reminding the driver.
Strange they don’t think it would be a good idea to have a reminder for a non turbo hybrid too.
C-HR Design,1.2 Turbo, Tokyo Red Pearl. space saver spare, chrome side sills and light rings, protection pack, dash cam, Scangauge2, Cheetah C550 camera alert, arm rest inner tray. Private plate.
Old friend in garage, MG Midget

Overexposed

Post by Overexposed » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 am

I confirm my previous post. What johnan said when starting engine is right but you can also see the mileage to service continuously when pressing the trip button 3 times (after ODO, TRIP A and TRIP B). From what I understand the turbo version has it but the hybrid doesn't. I don't know why.

IMG_1963.jpg

johnan

Post by johnan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:45 pm

My service chap said turbos engines are dependant on regular oil changes, because of the turbocharger itself being very reliant on good clean oil, so Toyota put the service reminder into the turbo cars but not the hybrids as they don’t have turbos.

That makes sense but they may as well have included a reminder in the hybrids too, all engines like nice clean oil!
C-HR Design,1.2 Turbo, Tokyo Red Pearl. space saver spare, chrome side sills and light rings, protection pack, dash cam, Scangauge2, Cheetah C550 camera alert, arm rest inner tray. Private plate.
Old friend in garage, MG Midget

Overexposed

Post by Overexposed » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:05 pm

I know why all cars have a service reminder (not just turbo). My old car had one too and it was not turbo. I just don't know why Toyota didn't include it on hybrids too. I guess it's just one of the little things they missed (like the date and so on) with no particular reason. Nevermind. The CHRs are a good effort by them.

Return to “Faults & Technical”