Service interval menu

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
optimuschr

Service interval menu

Post by optimuschr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:19 pm

So I am pretty sure my car is almost due for maintenance (bought it at 21K KM and it's now approaching 36K KM). My old car started bugging me at about 5K before service.

In my CHR I cannot for the live of me find the "distance to service", and it hasn't started bugging me yet.

I don't want to go overdue, but I also don't want to do service before it's needed.

Could someone help me out where to find how long I have left before I need service?

holyhead

Re: Service interval menu

Post by holyhead » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:48 pm

How old was the car when you bought it.
Normaly after a service you got a little card with info when is the next service again
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium
Color: Metalstream Grey metallic
Touch & Go2 Plus Nav System
Ordered Dec. 2016 arrived Jan. 2017
Collected 19 januari 2017

AyCee

Post by AyCee » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:14 pm

There is no service countdown or reminder on this car. In the UK it’s 10,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes up first. Every car I’ve had in the last 20 years had a contdown/reminder, not The C-HR! I missed my 1st service by 1,400 miles because of this oversight by Toyota.
Metalstream Dynamic Hybrid

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:01 pm

Every car I’ve had in the last 20 years had a contdown/reminder, not The C-HR! I missed my 1st service by 1,400 miles because of this oversight by Toyota.
I don’t know what cars you have had in the past, but I can’t recall having that on a car for years. And to blame a Toyota for your carelessness is just dumb. You should know when your car is due a service and act accordingly . The service interval can vary according to conditions. This is what the manual says

“Checking interval
Inspect and replace the air conditioning filter according to the maintenance schedule. In dusty areas or areas with heavy traffic flow, early replacement may be required. (For scheduled maintenance information, please refer to the “Toyota Service Booklet” or “Toyota Warranty Booklet”.)
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

ans

Post by ans » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:55 am

i get an email from Toyota about a month before the end of the year since i bought the car
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black roof.
Mudflaps,LED interior lights
with Chrome extras.
Wind deflectors,Running boards
Incar Wifi
Ordered SEPT 2016 arrived Jan 2017
https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=965
Mercedes slk 350

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:04 am

i get an email from Toyota about a month before the end of the year since i bought the car
Also you can set up your own reminder in “My Toyota”
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

AyCee

Post by AyCee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:55 pm

asinrute wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:01 pm
I don’t know what cars you have had in the past, but I can’t recall having that on a car for years. And to blame a Toyota for your carelessness is just dumb. You should know when your car is due a service and act accordingly . The service interval can vary according to conditions. This is what the manual says

“Checking interval
Inspect and replace the air conditioning filter according to the maintenance schedule. In dusty areas or areas with heavy traffic flow, early replacement may be required. (For scheduled maintenance information, please refer to the “Toyota Service Booklet” or “Toyota Warranty Booklet”.)
I was anwering the OP’s question and my experiences which in your mind makes me dumb??
I currently have a 2001 SLK that was launched in 1996, that has a service reminder. I’ve had numerous cars (Renault, Mercedes, Audi BMW) all had service reminders.
The Toyota Rav 4 I had in 2011 had a service reminder so why Toyota dropped this in the C-HR is beyond me. When I collected my car I was told that it needed an annual service to check the hybrid system, no mention was made of the 10,000 miles. I only found out when talking to the salesman about my wife’s car purchase.

As an aside with the introduction of the expensive long life fully synthetic oils, service intervals increased, the cars ECU would work out when a service was needed based on driving conditions and distance. The extra cost of the fully synthetic oil would be balanced out by longer service intervals. This was abandoned a few years later when dealers realised their service revenue was falling as some cars were not coming in for a couple of years. They still insist on the fully synthetic oil but have reverted back to annual services.

AyCee

Post by AyCee » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:04 am

asinrute wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:04 am
Also you can set up your own reminder in “My Toyota”
I did that, 1 year from purchase date but as it’s also mileage dependant I reached 10,000 before the year was up!

asinrute

Post by asinrute » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:02 am

When I collected my car I was told that it needed an annual service to check the hybrid system, no mention was made of the 10,000 miles. I only found out when talking to the salesman about my wife’s car purchase.
I would never own any car, whatever make or model and not find out it's service requirements.

optimuschr

Post by optimuschr » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 am

I checked the service booklet and had an appointment made (and maintenance done). The service tech confirmed I just need to keep manual track of it. Very weird for a 2017 car. All my old cars started moaning for service at around 5000 km before it was needed and reminded me each start.

Return to “Faults & Technical”