Toyota online settings corrupting car settings?

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
Danco

Toyota online settings corrupting car settings?

Post by Danco » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 am

Don't know if this was discussed at length before. I tried my toyota account and sent settings to car. Once I downloaded them car settings went haywire. I locked car manually as I was in a hurry to get to work, on my return I found that smart entry was. It working as were interior and exterior entry lights. What was scary is that I couldn't start the car. I managed to start the car by placing the fob near the start switch and reverted all car settings.

My question is, is this a common bug and has anybody managed to download car settings without having issues. Moreover if this is common why don't toyota do something about it?I believe they should be aware of this. Software was updated recently, why not address this. Map updates for my country were ridiculous. I m constantly asked to drive up one way streets, speed limits are off and speed cameras non existent. Come on toyota, the CHR is not an old rusty car. Love it but these little things are letting me down.
CHR Excel Hybrid
Metal Stream, Scuff Plates, Wind Deflectors, Trunk Tray.

asinrute

Re: Toyota online settings corrupting car settings?

Post by asinrute » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:57 am

Sounds like the settings on your PC, log into your Toyota account, go to - my vehicle/your Toyota Multimedia settings, under 'Device Settings' check everything is as you want it, you can alter the settings you were talking about
Toyota C-HR Dynamic Hybrid ,Metal Stream with Black Roof, Leather and Running boards

Danco

Post by Danco » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:39 am

i did so however when i downladed settings onto car most settings switched off: smart entry, lights etc. Luckily I had read about starting car by putting key near start button other wise I would have panicked.
CHR Excel Hybrid
Metal Stream, Scuff Plates, Wind Deflectors, Trunk Tray.

mjvdzwet

Post by mjvdzwet » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:29 pm

It has been discussed long time ago.

The defaults on the site are wrong. If you upload the settings from the car to the site and then download them it's okay.

But it's completely useless.
Happy and fun driving... is driving a Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium Metalstream Grey

Return to “Faults & Technical”