Speed Voice Warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
drabisan

Re: Speed Voice Warning

Post by drabisan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:59 pm

Craig wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:40 pm
Is that the navigation menu on the big screen.
Just being caught at 36 and received letter - very upset as this is my first in 40 years driving. I forgot to put speed limiter on and the new camera vans now have a range of 1000 meters. I couldn't even see it on this very long road near me untill I passed it. Very clever positioning to catch people!
I now have the map showing all of the time but couldn't press the voice X as it was greyed out.
Which button on the main screen do I go into please.

Thanks,
Craig.
What is the speed limit they got you for 36? At 30 they should consider in the error limit!
For mobile cameras only Waze may save you.

Craig

Re: Speed Voice Warning

Post by Craig » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:43 pm

Yes it was a 30 zone. I knew the camera is often there but I turned a very sharp left corner to get on that steep but very long road. A bigger car behind was pushing me. within a 100 yards I saw i was over 30 and dropped down to 28 so I was caught in that first 100 yards. I checked my dash cam and I was going very slowly past a jogger and the van was a good 500 yards up the hill. I wrongly believed the van got you in a couple of hundred yards but now realise it got me way before I saw it as it is 1km with the new cameras. The letter says I will be prosecuted. My area is 10% + 2 when they prosecute which is 35. It is very annoying when you consider the real idiots on our roads. The speed awareness sessions are now cancelled so hopefully it will be on line otherwise what will they do? I can't imagine they can go straight to points.
This is why I am now going to use any aid the car can give me to stop this as it will be points next time.
Dynamic Blue 12T and what a lovely car she is.