The Never Ending Roaring Noise of my CHR

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
Walt

Re: The Never Ending Roaring Noise of my CHR

Post by Walt » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:46 am

I had wind deflectors fitted by toyota. Not sure what noise people are going on about as I've drove mine down motorways etc, only real noise is road noise. Not excessive wind noise.
Nebula blue dynamic.
Sports pack.wind deflectors.mudflaps etc.
With interior blue leds. And carbon addon bits. Running on shell V-Power.

TheMasahiro

Post by TheMasahiro » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:52 pm

mjvdzwet wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:27 pm
bryanchr, I already added extra rubbers in that area. My car is quite silent right now. Only some outside wind noise. It varies with crosswinds. If there is no crosswind it is okay.

Furthermore the Michelin tyres are noisy.
But have to live with that.
Can you take pictures of the isolation you did on the airflow on te door? I think you should make a whole post with all the mods you did regarding insulation it would be highly helpful.

Thank you!
Toyota C-HR 1.8 Hybrid, exclusive+pack luxury

mjvdzwet

Post by mjvdzwet » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:45 pm

TheMasahiro wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Can you take pictures of the isolation you did on the airflow on te door? I think you should make a whole post with all the mods you did regarding insulation it would be highly helpful.

Thank you!
On page 2 of this thread you can find my pictures of the places i've added rubbers to.
Happy and fun driving... is driving a Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium Metalstream Grey

TheMasahiro

Post by TheMasahiro » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:32 pm

So i was able to put my hands on the new corola and i noticed the side rear view mirros had some wind deflectors kinda spoiler like an user did a few pages back, so i did some research and found this on aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cars-Re ... 637a12af09

Rockstar565

Post by Rockstar565 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:00 pm

When I first got the car, September '18 . I had the most annoying of whistles coming from the drivers mirror area , didn't matter at what speed and was still very noticeable even with the window closed.
What I done was cut a small piece of credit card thickness (not too thick) plastic cut to shape and attached some 3m double-sided tape and placed it where the mirror rotates open/closed in the recess. Sound of silence !.
As for the roaring noise , I've never encountered that. Hope that helps somebody out there .

TheMasahiro

Post by TheMasahiro » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:19 pm

Rockstar565 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:00 pm
When I first got the car, September '18 . I had the most annoying of whistles coming from the drivers mirror area , didn't matter at what speed and was still very noticeable even with the window closed.
What I done was cut a small piece of credit card thickness (not too thick) plastic cut to shape and attached some 3m double-sided tape and placed it where the mirror rotates open/closed in the recess. Sound of silence !.
As for the roaring noise , I've never encountered that. Hope that helps somebody out there .
Could you take some pictures of the result?

Rockstar565

Post by Rockstar565 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 pm

Further to my solution of the annoying whistle from the drivers door mirror I've included a couple of pictures one showing the passenger door (a before picture ) and the drivers door with the added spacer.

20190717_202016.jpg

20190717_201957.jpg

Return to “Faults & Technical”