The Never Ending Roaring Noise of my CHR

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
BryanCHR

Re: The Never Ending Roaring Noise of my CHR

Post by BryanCHR » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:14 am

mjvdzwet wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:36 pm
I watched them replacing the windscreen. There is little to none insulation between the roof and linings. Also the "paravan", the big plastic piece underneath the windshield and hood is completely un isolated.
Is it possible to insulate it? Or is this unreachable without removing the windscreen?

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:40 am

Curro101 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 pm
Ron3005 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:31 pm
Take care you don't block breather holes for battery's
Can you post a pic please?
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

Curro101

Post by Curro101 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:30 am

Karmalakas wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:40 am
Curro101 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 pm
Ron3005 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:31 pm
Take care you don't block breather holes for battery's
Can you post a pic please?
Ahhh, ok thanks, I thought you were refering to some sort of ventilation hole in the area at the rear of the seat where we were talking about insulting, that I hadn't seen.

DutCHR

Post by DutCHR » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:17 pm

DutCHR wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:28 pm
What i found out is that the mentioned numbers are the correct ones.
Looked up the article numbers at Amayama.com and for all 4 rubbers with standard shipping the total was around 40 euro.
Amayama confirmed the total and i have ordered the rubbers. Will take some time with standard shipping and maybe the customs will need some money. So this little project is pending..

After i switched to my summerwheels again i noticed the noise from tires again.. the original 225/50/18 Michelin Primacy3 seems to be really noisy tires.
My wintertires in 215/60/17 are Michelin Alpin5 and much, much more silent!
C-HR Hybrid Metalstream Grey --- Genuine JDM styled and also a lot of sh*t from China

mjvdzwet

Post by mjvdzwet » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:30 pm

BryanCHR wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:14 am
mjvdzwet wrote:
I watched them replacing the windscreen. There is little to none insulation between the roof and linings. Also the "paravan", the big plastic piece underneath the windshield and hood is completely un isolated.
Is it possible to insulate it? Or is this unreachable without removing the windscreen?
You have to remove the bolds which hold the windscreen whipers and detatch the whipers. Then you have to loosen some clips.
The whole unit pops out and you can add insulation to the chassis or the plastic.
Note: I only have the windscreen guys see doing it. Have not done it myself yet. But it seems like a good way to suppress some more engine noise.

Insulating the roof lining is a no go for me... to high risk of damaging the lining.
Happy and fun driving... is driving a Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium Metalstream Grey

BryanCHR

Post by BryanCHR » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:04 pm

mjvdzwet wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:30 pm
BryanCHR wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:14 am
mjvdzwet wrote:
You have to remove the bolds which hold the windscreen whipers and detatch the whipers. Then you have to loosen some clips.
The whole unit pops out and you can add insulation to the chassis or the plastic.
Note: I only have the windscreen guys see doing it. Have not done it myself yet. But it seems like a good way to suppress some more engine noise.

Insulating the roof lining is a no go for me... to high risk of damaging the lining.
Gotcha! Well, I'm doing the wheel arches next week and I will see from there. I agree, the roof isn't worth the risk. Thanks for sharing!

jrm

Post by jrm » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:12 pm

I think the different tyre /wheel combinations generate different noises. My old Excel Auris Tourer Hybrid sounds very similar to my C-HR Limited Edition when running electrically.
Cheers Mark

BryanCHR

Post by BryanCHR » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:23 am

Mjvdzwet: could you take pictures of your wheel wells? I mean, as they are now. I just want to see if any of the soundproofing material is visible. I just had mine soundproofed and I can't see anything, at least nothing on the metal. Not sure if it would not stick there. I'm wondering what areas of your wheel wells were covered. Thanks!

mjvdzwet

Post by mjvdzwet » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:11 am

BryanCHR wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:23 am
Mjvdzwet: could you take pictures of your wheel wells? I mean, as they are now. I just want to see if any of the soundproofing material is visible. I just had mine soundproofed and I can't see anything, at least nothing on the metal. Not sure if it would not stick there. I'm wondering what areas of your wheel wells were covered. Thanks!
You can't see anything. I have insulated the metal sides and tops of the arches above the plastic cover. Also the outside (top) of the plastic / felt arches.
So in the wheel well is nothing to see.

If the weather plays nice today I will give a shot at the "paravan". I will try not to forget taking photos.
Happy and fun driving... is driving a Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium Metalstream Grey

BryanCHR

Post by BryanCHR » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:35 am

Okay, thanks. I'm just confused because honestly, they didn't use much of the material that I provided and I don't hear any real difference. Wonder where they put it....

Return to “Faults & Technical”