Humidity on the inside of the cabin

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
icemangrmed

Re: Humidity on the inside of the cabin

Post by icemangrmed » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:00 am

I have the hybrid model.
The problem appears when I don’t drive the car daily. I will start using a moisture absorber and I will get back to you. But I am quite certain that poor isolation of the screen is the underlying cause.
I have had a Passat which didn’t have this problem under same conditions and use.

holyhead

Post by holyhead » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:48 am

So no diferent between Hybrid or 1.2T
The only different can be between
1.TOYOTA TOUCH® 2
multimediasystem
and
2.TOYOTA TOUCH® 2
wich Go navigation

Maybe here from owners with option 2 with the same problem.
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium
Color: Metalstream Grey metallic
Touch & Go2 Plus Nav System
Ordered Dec. 2016 arrived Jan. 2017
Collected 19 januari 2017

Karmalakas

Post by Karmalakas » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:33 pm

Holyhead, you still did not explain how software could impact humidity. I really can't figure this out.
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)

holyhead

Post by holyhead » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:37 pm

Karmalakas wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:33 pm
Holyhead, you still did not explain how software could impact humidity. I really can't figure this out.
I never said that you was the one who mentioned it.
I said:
Try to find out if both models have it and ( inside of the infotainment unit behind the plastic touch sensitive screen) if so is it with all the systems or only the one without the navigation.
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium
Color: Metalstream Grey metallic
Touch & Go2 Plus Nav System
Ordered Dec. 2016 arrived Jan. 2017
Collected 19 januari 2017

Niggle

Post by Niggle » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:51 pm

I have got Hybrid model and one day last week during cold snap after not using car for a couple of days the LCD screen between the power and speedometer dial was misted over with moisture but still visible but once warmed up was ok. Only instance so far and main infotainment screen not affected.

Pelforth

Post by Pelforth » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:05 pm

I have the hybrid and have noticed a lot of moisture on the inside of the windscreen. On one very cold day in December I did notice condensation behind the touchscreen which did evaporate when the car warmed up.

I had the replacement windscreen, just wondering if any problem with the seal may be the cause? Or do modern cars hold interior heat more, which would lead to condensation inside if the temperature dropped quickly.

Anyway mine is going back tomorrow for a series of recalls and the puddle light issue, I’ve asked then to check all the seals in case of water ingress but I don’t think there really is.

May get them to update the satnav as well, save me doing it :)
Decuma Grey Dynamic Hybrid

mjvdzwet

Post by mjvdzwet » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:04 pm

I too have the hybrid. I also have been to the dealer for the moisture problem on the windscreen. They can't find a cause.

Goining back tomorrow for the moisture in the touchscreen. Last week it was so bad the touch 2 systeem locked up for 30 minutes till the condensation was gone.
Happy and fun driving... is driving a Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium Metalstream Grey

Pelforth

Post by Pelforth » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:03 am

mjvdzwet wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:04 pm
I too have the hybrid. I also have been to the dealer for the moisture problem on the windscreen. They can't find a cause.

Goining back tomorrow for the moisture in the touchscreen. Last week it was so bad the touch 2 systeem locked up for 30 minutes till the condensation was gone.
No I’m sure they will say there is no issue, annoying to hear about the touchscreen issue though, mine hasn’t been that bad but I’ll keep an eye on it.

I was wondering if the hybrid battery kept the interior of the car warmer than a standard engine but I’d have thought other non CHR hybrid owners would have reported this issue over the past few years?

Anyway will see what the dealer says when I pick it up later.
Decuma Grey Dynamic Hybrid

mjvdzwet

Post by mjvdzwet » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Have been to the dealer, my first maintenance check up is scheduled for the 24th. They are going to investigate the moisture problem again.
Happy and fun driving... is driving a Toyota C-HR Hybrid Premium Metalstream Grey

Andries

Post by Andries » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:06 pm

mjvdzwet wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:26 pm
Have been to the dealer, my first maintenance check up is scheduled for the 24th. They are going to investigate the moisture problem again.
Ben benieuwd of er een oorzaak gevonden wordt, en zo ja wat dat dan is.
(Dan kunnen ze het in mijn C-HR misschien ook oplossen)

Succes

(I Am curious if a cause is found, and if so what that is.
(Then they might also solve it in my C-HR))
C-HR 1.2T CVT Metal Stream Grey Dynamic, 18" Multispoke Silver Rims, fog lamp garnish red 3T3, mirror covers red 3T3, Mudflaps, OBDLink LX

Return to “Faults & Technical”