Humidity on the inside of the cabin

Faults and Technical chat for the Toyota C-HR
chillyman50
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:14 pm
Location: london

Re: Humidity on the inside of the cabin

Post by chillyman50 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:24 pm

we have not had this problem. I don't know if the nano filer on the Excel help in this way.
1.2 Excel in pearlescent White with protection pack :D
bought for my wife


Dave D
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 8:47 pm
Location: Rishton

Re: Humidity on the inside of the cabin

Post by Dave D » Tue May 14, 2019 9:56 pm

chillyman50 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:24 pm
we have not had this problem. I don't know if the nano filer on the Excel help in this way.
I have Excel..This is the worst car I have ever owned for Humidity and Condensation in the cabin..constantly having to use the aircon to clear it
Hybrid Excel White Pearl....with no stick on plastic bits running on supermarket fuel...


Alexr
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:39 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Re: Humidity on the inside of the cabin

Post by Alexr » Wed May 15, 2019 7:39 am

Dave D wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:56 pm
chillyman50 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:24 pm
we have not had this problem. I don't know if the nano filer on the Excel help in this way.
I have Excel..This is the worst car I have ever owned for Humidity and Condensation in the cabin..constantly having to use the aircon to clear it
Can’t agree with that. I leave it on auto and with ac on and it never fogs up. Odd occasion when I pressed the off button and switched off the ac, it started to mist up ( as one might expect) but soon cleared when switched both back on.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P


Dave D
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 8:47 pm
Location: Rishton

Re: Humidity on the inside of the cabin

Post by Dave D » Wed May 15, 2019 7:33 pm

Alexr wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:39 am
Dave D wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:56 pm
chillyman50 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:24 pm
we have not had this problem. I don't know if the nano filer on the Excel help in this way.
I have Excel..This is the worst car I have ever owned for Humidity and Condensation in the cabin..constantly having to use the aircon to clear it
Can’t agree with that. I leave it on auto and with ac on and it never fogs up. Odd occasion when I pressed the off button and switched off the ac, it started to mist up ( as one might expect) but soon cleared when switched both back on.
Exactly what I am saying !..Having to use the aircon to keep the cabin clear !...All other cars I have owned have never needed aircon to keep the cabin clear..just the normal heater and demister for the screen...
Hybrid Excel White Pearl....with no stick on plastic bits running on supermarket fuel...


User avatar
Karmalakas
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:45 pm
Location: Lithuania
Contact:

Re: Humidity on the inside of the cabin

Post by Karmalakas » Wed May 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Dave D wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:33 pm
Exactly what I am saying !..Having to use the aircon to keep the cabin clear !...All other cars I have owned have never needed aircon to keep the cabin clear..just the normal heater and demister for the screen...
What do you mean by "heater"? It's the same system as aircon
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)


Dave D
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 8:47 pm
Location: Rishton

Re: Humidity on the inside of the cabin

Post by Dave D » Wed May 15, 2019 11:26 pm

Karmalakas wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:57 pm
Dave D wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:33 pm
Exactly what I am saying !..Having to use the aircon to keep the cabin clear !...All other cars I have owned have never needed aircon to keep the cabin clear..just the normal heater and demister for the screen...
What do you mean by "heater"? It's the same system as aircon
The heater provides heat to the cabin from the engine cooling system. The aircon is R134 refridgerant gas being pumped around by a compressor to dry the air entering or recirculating in the cabin...older cars did not have aircon systems and kept the cabin free of condensation without the need of the extra compressor to operate the aircon system. That is what bugs me about the C-HR...the need to have the aircon on to keep the cabin free of condensation..
Hybrid Excel White Pearl....with no stick on plastic bits running on supermarket fuel...


User avatar
Karmalakas
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:45 pm
Location: Lithuania
Contact:

Re: Humidity on the inside of the cabin

Post by Karmalakas » Thu May 16, 2019 6:10 am

When you keep your aircon ON in winter, how does it work? Is it heating or cooling? I can't really understand the problem of keeping it on all the time. If temperature is right outside, it does absolutely nothing. If it's cold, I'd want it to warm up or vice versa. Keeping it on solves so many problems and doesn't do any harm.
HSD in Earth Bronze (a.k.a. Havana Brown)


Alexr
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:39 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Re: Humidity on the inside of the cabin

Post by Alexr » Thu May 16, 2019 7:29 am

Dave D wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:33 pm
Alexr wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:39 am
Dave D wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:56 pm


I have Excel..This is the worst car I have ever owned for Humidity and Condensation in the cabin..constantly having to use the aircon to clear it
Can’t agree with that. I leave it on auto and with ac on and it never fogs up. Odd occasion when I pressed the off button and switched off the ac, it started to mist up ( as one might expect) but soon cleared when switched both back on.
Exactly what I am saying !..Having to use the aircon to keep the cabin clear !...All other cars I have owned have never needed aircon to keep the cabin clear..just the normal heater and demister for the screen...
What a strange argument. It makes as much sense to me as saying this is the worst car I have ever had because I have to put it into reverse to go backwards. If the system is there to keep your windows clear, then why not just use it?
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P


Anixie
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 am
Location: Geel, Belgium

Re: Humidity on the inside of the cabin

Post by Anixie » Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 am

Aircon on in the winter will dehumidify and heat. Its the first that is really usefull...


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”