Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Touch 2 (no GPS) : USB album picture issue

17K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Spanner650 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,

I didn't find any solution regarding this issue...

Why isn't the album picture displayed when I'm playing USB MP3 files ?

Yet, the picture info is included in the MP3 tags.

Any idea ?

#3 ·
Andries said:
Thats only by iPod
Really ?

Displaying the album cover from an MP3 file is a basic feature in any media player, and you're telling me that Toyota's is not able to do it ?
It's absurd. I can't believe Toyota has chosen such a lousy media player.
Moreover, the iPod contains also MP3 files, doesn't it ? Then I guess the file reading/decoding process is quite the same.

Anyway, thanks for your answer :)

#4 ·
#6 ·
#7 ·
Andries said:
Oke, but also by me it's not working with USB. (and ID3 is filled in correctly, exactly the same as on my iPod)
iPod might be downloading album art from the net. For offline use, album art image should be embeded right into MP3 file. It increases the file size, but you have an album cover on your screen :)

BTW, some players (at least on PC) are searching for album art in the same folder as the MP3 file or similar, but that won't work on C-HR

#8 ·
I use a USB stick, I've downloaded music from iTunes, the web, a laptop and CDs etc. Never had a problem with art work not showing. Bob if you are having a problem download a MP3 tag editor like MP3tag that should sort your problem

#9 ·
Karmalakas said:
Andries said:
Oke, but also by me it's not working with USB. (and ID3 is filled in correctly, exactly the same as on my iPod)
iPod might be downloading album art from the net. For offline use, album art image should be embeded right into MP3 file. It increases the file size, but you have an album cover on your screen :)

BTW, some players (at least on PC) are searching for album art in the same folder as the MP3 file or similar, but that won't work on C-HR
I have put the same mp3 files from PC to iPod and USB stick. Noting from iTunes. Tags are al made with MP3tag. With iPod i see covers., with USB not.

#11 ·
Hi guys,

I checked everything I could check. The album cover is still not displayed :-(
I tried several resolutions : 500x500, 240x240, 300x300.
I used MP3Tag v2.85 to tag the files.
I put 3 files only on my USB key.
Music is played, but the cover is missing in any case.

I don't understand.

My software version (Touch 2) is HE3937. What's yours ?

Please, would you show me a screenshot of MP3Tag with your MP3 files (to check your tags) ?

Here is mine (in French, "cover" is "pochette") :

Rectangle Font Screenshot Operating system Software

Attachments

#18 ·
Karmalakas said:
Oops :) Sorry, I didn't notice it wasn't Bob, who's answering :D
I suppose everything works with v2.3 for you, Andries?
I see no cover on my screen.
(But for me it's no problem, mostly drive with screen off)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.