Collected Yesterday

Post pictures of your Toyota C-HR here
nigelhj

Collected Yesterday

Post by nigelhj » Wed May 22, 2019 8:03 pm

Collected my new C-HR Dynamic yesterday and am thoroughly enjoying a new experience with hybrid technology. Only have covered 95 miles so far and have found that the fuel consumption is brilliant!!

My previous car was a Nissan Qashqai Diesel and once run in managed good fuel consumption but with the price of diesel rising over and above that of petrol had been looking towards buying a petrol car last year that would either equal what I was getting from the Qashqai or even better it.

After weeks of reading and watching reviews on many different makes and models the C-HR to my mind appeared to match/exceed the overall fuel consumption I was looking for along with comfort and ride handling not to mention the looks and boy, does the C-HR look good not only on the inside but on the outside it is in a class of its own.

If I could get around 55mpg (average) that would about match that of my previous car on local journeys however, after covering 95 miles my average fuel consumption is 71.4mpg which has pleased me no end though to be honest, I have only driven at speeds of 50 - 55mph, and have been feather-lite on the power as the hybrid certainly requires a more refined approach to driving as apposed to a conventional engine but once I have bedded in the engine I will increase the speed and see how the hybrid performs at higher speeds.

Regards
Nigel.
Dynamic Hybrid in Nebula Blue with Black Roof

Alexr

Re: Collected Yesterday

Post by Alexr » Wed May 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Hi and welcome, good to hear you are enjoying your CHR. I am still enjoying mine after over 2 yrs.
One word on mpg, I always find the displayed mpg is optimistic - by an average of about 10%. So your displayed 71.4 is probably about 64 in reality. I have measured mine on every fill and find I get 55.5 overall. Up to 64 in summer and down to 45 in the depths of winter.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Wed May 22, 2019 9:28 pm

Hi Alex and very many thanks for the HU regarding displayed mpg. Many years ago I used to work out fuel consumption in the way you have when my first car was an Austin 1100 (oh those were the days) :lol I think then I used to get at least 35 + mpg.

Will certainly do what you have done and see how it performs after I have completed about 1000 miles and the engine has bedded in fully.

Would be interesting to hear from other owners what they are getting from their hybrid C-HR's.

Regards
Nigel.

MacTky

Post by MacTky » Wed May 22, 2019 9:55 pm

I'm really interested on how everyone if finding their C-HR. My wife is really keen on us getting one and before I give my okay (as we've had many cars previously that have turned out not to be as advertised) I need to know more about the hybrid car in connection with mpg. And general driving of it.
Today traveling by taxi on the M25 at 70 mph we passed one driving along but at no where near to limit. Are the C-HR too loud at 70mph? Or is it that fuel economy drops drastically at that speed?

What are the C-HR like on long distances say 200 Mile trips? Are they wearisome to drive?
Not questions to ask a dealer as in general they have let us down too often. But from owners we should have an honest idea. (Please)

For you who have commented above. Thanks. Appreciate your comments. But I am a nippy driver so what sort of mpg would I get. (now car 26mpg. Dealer advertised 47)

ravedave

Post by ravedave » Thu May 23, 2019 1:32 am

Hi Nigel you must be near my age i had a austin 1100 i loved the car until a uninsured driver drove his car into me & writ my 1100 off,anyway glad you are enjoying your CH-r hybrid ,yes i done same as you checking out lots of cars reviews & chose the CH-r hybrid & as i have done to every new car i had was to it run in ,years ago that all you saw signs on rear windows of new cars Running in Please pass,but now if you ask people with new cars about running in,they say its done in the factory { Rubbish) we know the engine, gearbox,brakes, tyres all need bedding in & take it easy on the gas, I am still waiting for my new CH-r hybrid ordered it middle of March.

Alexr

Post by Alexr » Thu May 23, 2019 9:21 am

MacTky wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:55 pm
I'm really interested on how everyone if finding their C-HR. My wife is really keen on us getting one and before I give my okay (as we've had many cars previously that have turned out not to be as advertised) I need to know more about the hybrid car in connection with mpg. And general driving of it.
Today traveling by taxi on the M25 at 70 mph we passed one driving along but at no where near to limit. Are the C-HR too loud at 70mph? Or is it that fuel economy drops drastically at that speed?

What are the C-HR like on long distances say 200 Mile trips? Are they wearisome to drive?
Not questions to ask a dealer as in general they have let us down too often. But from owners we should have an honest idea. (Please)

For you who have commented above. Thanks. Appreciate your comments. But I am a nippy driver so what sort of mpg would I get. (now car 26mpg. Dealer advertised 47)
Too loud at 70? No it purrs along. Mpg not at its best at that speed - probably 50-55, whereas on non-motorway road trundling along at 50-60 you can get over 60. I have never found mine wearisome to drive. The seats are comfortable and it is quiet 99% of time. Just get some noise if accelerate hard (eg up a slip road onto motorway), but I rarely do that.
All the best
Alex
------------------------
Loving driving my C-HR Excel Hybrid in Metal Stream :P

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Thu May 23, 2019 2:07 pm

Hi Nigel you must be near my age i had a austin 1100 i loved the car until a uninsured driver drove his car into me & writ my 1100 off,anyway glad you are enjoying your CH-r hybrid ,yes i done same as you checking out lots of cars reviews & chose the CH-r hybrid & as i have done to every new car i had was to it run in ,years ago that all you saw signs on rear windows of new cars Running in Please pass,but now if you ask people with new cars about running in,they say its done in the factory { Rubbish) we know the engine, gearbox,brakes, tyres all need bedding in & take it easy on the gas, I am still waiting for my new CH-r hybrid ordered it middle of March.
Hi Ravedave, I bought my Morris 1100 from my cousin in 1970 when I was a sprightly, energetic, carefree, bachelor! :lol: I had past my driving test when aged 17 but took my fathers' advice about not rushing to buy a car too soon as the insurance would be expensive. What he in fact did was to put me down as a named driver on the sports car he bought my mother provided that either one of them accompanied me when driving. It was a classic.......Turner Sports Car. absolutely loved it!!

I can imagine how you felt after the uninsured driver wrote off your car, nowadays thankfully they get to lose them until insurance is produced!!

I well remember the days of Running in Please Pass my father had a company car which was changed every 18 months and had to run in firstly (if memory serves me right) at 20mph then increasing the speed over a certain mileage.

I have always run in vehicle engines regardless of what others have said, the engines may be run on a test bed but certainly not run-in under load. I used to drive heavy goods vehicles until a dog ran in front of my motorbike and always ran them in and never had a problem with the engines or oil consumption and used to get 8 mpg!! :lol: Equally the same with cars, ran the Qashqai in for 1500 miles and again, no oil consumption from one service to the next and my mpg was very good.

With the C-HR it is a bit different though and when travelling uphill on a steep gradient you cannot avoid going into the power mode band but I do make sure that I don't exceed the half way marker.

Have you been given a delivery date yet for your car? I had to wait three months and that felt a very long time coming but the wait was well worth it.
I hope that when the day comes to collect it you will get as much enjoyment out of it as I am.

Regards
Nigel.

Rosie60

Post by Rosie60 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:55 pm

I drove down to Exeter from Northampton last week, it’s just over 200 miles. I kept to the speed limits, more or less, and achieved 63mpg. Arrived quite refreshed. It’s a very comfortable drive. Coming back I went a little quicker but got stuck in various jams and it dropped to 59mpg. 4 hours non stop and I felt great.
Excel in Tyrol Silver with protection pack, Supaguard treatment, protection pack and boot liner.

nigelhj

Post by nigelhj » Thu May 23, 2019 8:21 pm

Hello Rosie60, I will be undertaking a 260ish mile drive next month to Exmouth, I am not expecting good mpg going down as there are a lot of traffic lights and roundabouts to negotiate before hitting the the M1 and the M5 but coming back it should prove to be interesting mpg wise as with the Qashqai last year I kept my speed down to 60mph and on arriving home it showed 80mpg, my fuel gauge was between 3/4 and 1/2 but with a new engine I estimate that I should at least get around 60 mpg. Will have to fill up full before leaving and then fill up again when home to get a better idea.

Coming back to your writing of arriving quite refreshed I am finding that the C-HR Hybrid to be much better than manual gear change and not so tiring in stop start situations of traffic queues.

Regards
Nigel.

Rosie60

Post by Rosie60 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:23 pm

Enjoy the drive nigelhj, it’s a lovely car, a different drive but great. After 2 years I still enjoy it just as much
Excel in Tyrol Silver with protection pack, Supaguard treatment, protection pack and boot liner.

Return to “Members Gallery”