Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday for the very first time I had to use my windscreen wipers. I noticed immediately that the left wiper (the small one) had alot of trouble trying wiping off the rain from the windscreen. It was unable to do so, but I thought that teh windscreen was just too dirty or greasy.

Today I cleaned the windscreen but I then saw what the real problem was. The small wiper didn't have any rubber on it. So the hard plastic and metal of the wiper came in direct contact with the glass of the windscreen! The effects are very noticable. De windscreen is damaged. You can see clearly where the wiper made small and big scratches in the glass.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm very dissapointed and angry to see that Toyota build my car without even seeing this mistake. My C-HR was one of the cars that was delayed because of the extra check they did. And still this was not seen by them?

This is unbelievable !

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
straight back to the dealer and let them have it with both barrels, get them to replace the screen and wiper

·
Registered
685 Posts
Thats really a huge fault of the dealer. :evil: :twisted: :(
Hope they have a really good excuse.. and a better and fast solution.

·
Registered
280 Posts
No excuse, Dealer didn't carry out pre-handover checks.
I would be sitting on their doorstep

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got an e-mail from my dealer this morning that they want me to come over and discuss this problem. They will also immediatly put a different wiper on it.

I hope I don't have to wait long for the replacement of the new windscreen. I still feel that this kind of problem is just too stupid... I will see what the dealer has to say this evening when I go to them after work.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Am going to guess that Flood isn't in the UK since it's a public holiday here! :D

I know that it is possible to polish out scratches on a windscreen, but given the fact they are obviously weak/thin then it's probably not a good idea.

Am a little surprised they've not tried to say "the wiper rubber was on when it left us and it must have come off after you left our forecourt" :twisted:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in Belgium... I hope they will not try the blaming game and put any blame on me. I still hope they will just replace it. Is there a serial number on the windscreen itself so I can check afterwards if they really replaced it or just did some polishing work on it?

·
Registered
554 Posts
No not that I am aware. The easiest way to know is put a small dot mark with indelible marker on the screen immediately between the back of the reversing mirror and the screen (so it's invisible from view). Then you'll know! :D

Now be a good chap and update your location, so that others don't have to assume? :lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MarkyMUK said:
No not that I am aware. The easiest way to know is put a small dot mark with indelible marker on the screen immediately between the back of the reversing mirror and the screen (so it's invisible from view). Then you'll know! :D

Now be a good chap and update your location, so that others don't have to assume? :lol:
Done :D

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
THUMBS UP if we had one

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today i noticed a gap on the bottom of my new windscreen. Seems that i will go back to the dealer tomorrow. I really starting to get annoyed about my windscreen.

Left on the photo you see my old windscreen (no gap) / on the right you see my new windscreen ( with gap)

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's side defect of exchange windscreen as I mentioned in other topic. From our point of view should be big penalty, very big...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Herman said:
It's side defect of exchange windscreen as I mentioned in other topic. From our point of view should be big penalty, very big...
Herman do you work for Nissan or Honda?
If it gets sorted and there is no damage, perhaps an apology from the dealer and a small gesture such as a tank of fuel would be proportionate.
Why the heavy handed big penalty? who gains?
No Damage No Claim

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Kapa Taf said:
Your new windscreen is thinner or they install it a few mm higher?
I have no idea why the gap is there. It wasn't there when I picked it up after the new windscreen was fitted.
I do remember somebody on this forum had the same gap issue after his new windscreen was placed. So i'm clearly not the only one...

What is happening with Toyota and these windscreens... i hope this is getting solved soon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mark said:
Herman do you work for Nissan or Honda?
If it gets sorted and there is no damage, perhaps an apology from the dealer and a small gesture such as a tank of fuel would be proportionate.
Why the heavy handed big penalty? who gains?
No Damage No Claim
You received your cars free of charge or bought? Because base on your attitude is like "so sorry that I was born..."
Open your eyes, you have got global quality issue, so value of your car go down aftear each repair. Exchange windscreen is difficult operation & has impact for future car utilization, as you can see eg. gap & water leak. After few year how you explayn next customer that yor 2016 Y car has 2017 windscreen... every one suspect crash & big repair of body.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts