Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this repeats something in tbe windscreen thread, but it is over 500 posts (and 50 pages) long and I could not find it. I have just been to Autoglass to get my cracked windscreen replaced ( stone chip so not on warranty). I asked the guy to check they had one of the latest windscreens without the fault and he did not know what I was talking about nor how to identify the date of manufacture of the windscreen.
So what I have is as per the attached. Can anyone identify if this is one of the new ones?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Wasp28 said:
All glass is date stamped as part of the ECE43R glass standards.
Normally under the printed Logo on the glass you will see a series of dots with the year of production printed in the middle.
Like this. ......17...... dots to the left are the 1st 6 months dots to the right are the last 6 months. The supplier will delete dots to show the month the glass was made. So
..17...... means the the glass was made in April 17, 17.. denotes November production. Any dots to the right of the 17 should mean the glass was made after June 17 so should be from the improved production.
Also
Wasp28 said:
the raised dot next to the 7 is to show the glass was made in 2017, the 2 dots to the left if they were on their own would denote the glass was produced in 2007. All suppliers have slightly different ways to identify years and dates.

You will also notice a couple of dots that don't belong above AGC automotive. These identify which AGC plant the glass is made at. I'm not sure but I think Czech plant.
And your case, I think :)
Wasp28 said:
So officially the lower run of dots are for the week of product, the top row is the month.

<...>

Interesting never seen this configuration before. My guess is it's been specifically requested by Toyota.

The dots under are for the week of production in the said month which are above.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for digging out those.
I interpret that to mean mine was made in 4th week July?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts