Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Windscreen Crack

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Huey 
#1 ·
Having looked through the forum, it seems that there were known issues with windscreens cracking on certain CHR models. I came out today and found heavy cracks across the windscreen. My initial thought is that someone threw something at it and cracked it, but wondering whether it's a fault from Toyota as the crack can be felt from the inside rather than the outside. Any one had anything similar and covered by warranty?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There's lots of posts on windscreens cracking,in the early models especially. Haven't see any on here from later reg models, Toyota did change under warranty I think. The seals around the windscreen became brittle and dried out
then they decided it was a Toyota problem. What year is the car if you don't mind me asking is it earlier model. It will have to be fixed somehow as it's dangerous 😞. Worth ringing dealer or Toyota tho.

#4 ·
If you find out the earlier posts I remember there is a way of checking serial nos to see if yours is in the faulty batch. I recall cracks being caused by the aerial at the top of the glass.

#5 ·
Looks like an impact crack, did it appear during a journey or when parked?

Likely easier just to phone your insurance co and get Autoglass or whoever they use to fit a new screen. Most policies have this with a £80-£100 Xs and no hit on ncb

#8 ·
My screen cracked last night in the cold weather, suspect stone chip, water ingress & crack - booked in for next Friday to be replaced.

If you want an estimate for Toyota to replace it with a genuine screen then look below.

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Monochrome

#9 ·
Did you know you had chip,has it cracked from a corner or not,it was cold up here too with snow.
But that has given me the jitters. I had a works van with an almighty ding in windscreen due to me walloping with a scaffold pole,it went 3yrs till I changed it never moved. You gonna use insurance.?

#10 ·
I've heard a few loud impacts hit the screen since owning it but never spotted a impact chip, it cracked last night driving it home - about minus 2 deg C

Hasn't cracked from corner - I'll get a picture next time I go out in daylight.

Haven't contacted insurance yet - most they will contribute is £100 as I flatly refuse to use there approved repairer Autoglass or fit a non genuine screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.