Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to have a go at tinting today, I'm used to vinyl application but never tinted, also first time wrapping a very curved surface like the wing mirrors.

Well chuffed with the results!
Need to order some more tint as screwed up the back window but I was not expecting that one to go well.

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts
Forgive m, but I cant see what you have tinted! Is it the glass on the. wing mirrors? If so why? That would surely just restrict your vision?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ronttuk said:
The main reason we chose an icon rather than the dynamic model was we hated the tinted rear windows and you can only get an icon with clear windows so we had loads of extras added to an icon
I did it the other way.. bought a full option model with the privacy glass and bought for 200 a set of genuine clear rear side windows.
So if someone wants genuine privacy glass.. mine will be for sale soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BIG GOJ said:
Looks like a good job :cool:

Not tempted to do the front door windows too (just to see what they look like) ??......(yes I know it's illegal ;) )
Done it before and it makes night driving a lot harder.
If factory window has no tint (usual they have slight tint) you can get away with a light smoke (75%) but if you add it to a slightly tinted window it's illegal.
Vehicles first used on 1 April 1985 or later
The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts