Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
Excel, Hybrid 2018, Metalstream.
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've ordered the Toyota wind deflectors - all 4.

Reading the installation instructions, I've come to the conclusion that they're not very user friendly.

I understand the cleaning process required and fact you have to remove glass run seal from top half of frame, but there are a couple of elements I'm no too sure of.

1 Brackets supplied fit into frame but image shows rearmost above 1/4 light. Surely this is incorrect?

2. Are Brackets supplied adhered to frame or just interference fit, prior to glass run seal refit?

Would be great if anyone could confirm the above. Thanks.

· Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
the bracket will only fit in one place and thats where the hole is , its quick and easy once you see it, just dont pull the rubber right out all the way round

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Good info. 👍

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I've fitted all 4 deflectors. Only 2 issues/care points I've found are:-

1. Adhesion promotion Sponge supplied goes off pretty quick, so key is to apply to all areas as soon as you open sachet.

2. The 5mm clearance to top of door is fairly important. You do have +/- 1mm to play with, but if defector is not within 4mm - 6mm, then clip hole may not align.

Other than that, pretty easy to fit. Also, check glass run seals are re-seated correctly. I had to re-seat mine; drivers door window kept bouncing back when trying to close. Found seal was not pushed home fully.

£80 for genuine Toyota deflectors. They have "Toyota" inlaid also.

· Super Moderator
1,954 Posts
i got my ones on the toyotaofficialstore on ebay, might be worth giving them a shout

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Burrows car parts. Official Toyota store.

These are normally cheaper than Toyota store. £91 on their site.

· Registered
730 Posts
+1 for Burrows.
Even with shipping they were cheaper as in NL with some genuine parts. Great communication too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts