Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are other threads regarding wind deflectors, but has anyone bought and installed these and has any reviews to give?

I am looking to get installed as, unfortunately, the UK can get quite windy, especially on a day like today where even going below the speed limit (65mph on the motorway) I can still hear the wind quite loudly. I have the upgraded sound system (JBL - yes I know it's expensive and probably a waste of money) and I have to turn it up pretty loud to hear my music.

Any sort of review would help.

Thanks,
A-Dawg

·
Registered
18 Posts
I fitted wind deflectors to my CH-R about 6 months ago, mainly for the reason you stated to cut down wind noise, in my opinion they are more a cosmetic item ( I think they look great ) they didn't make any improvement to external noise.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Agree with that GK66!

I have genuine ones and they are narrow.. its a bit hard to wash/clean the windows on top.
On my RAV4 have them also an can easy put the washmitt between deflector and window to clean.

At the rear ones gently washing/drying because they only sticked at the top and one side. At the rear ends they dont feel very solid.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sort of disagree as the constant 'thrumming' you get (esp with the rear windows down) without them has all but disappeared, also you don't get rain dripping in if you've got the windows open more than an inch. £89 (IIRC) fitted was a bargain at the dealer three weeks after purchase :)

My local car valet place always gets them clean and dry in/out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had them fitted as part of the deal so can't comment as to what the car is like without them. I like how they look the defiantly stop water dripping in but the big win is at 70mph on a motorway you can put the window down a few CMs and you don't get any drumming. You also get a nice circulation of fresh air, particularly useful if the preceding evening involved a curry :lol: :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts