Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to see my car at the dealers today, the interior was lovely and the grey accent around the dash on a grey car looks awesome. Exterior still had white plastic cling protection on it...so less attractive :lol:

But there were 3 x CHR's being collected today (on 66 plates)

Am I being a snob, wouldn't you wait for a 17 plate in less than 2 weeks?

·
Registered
681 Posts
To me, it seems something from the past. Has it some advantage compare to a 16 plate
( higher price if you trade it in over a couple of years or selling private then it make some sense).

·
Super Moderator
1,861 Posts
they probably had to wait so long to collect lol

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No spoke to two of them and they were private buyers, but they were both of the fairer sex, so possibly not swayed by the macho posturing of a new reg, more like 'I want it now, now, now' :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had Toyota deliver my CHR this morning. The significance of a new plate means less than it did historically. At point of sale, I insisted that my Excel be delivered no later than the 28th specifically to avoid the 17 plate.

I just wanted the plate to show that it's one of the 1st as opposed to one of the newest; nothing more than that -an early adopter if you will. Different strokes for different folks though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,they probley want to beat the road tax increases at the end of march.
Like myself my hybrid was free to tax last week,but goes up to 130£ per year in two weeks i belive.
Also some new cars have extra payments in there 1st year,or 2nd,3 ,4 years .

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rick, no it goes up on 1st April, so fully a month after the new registration is released :)

G

·
I have a "vanity plate" so for show the 17 plate is irrelevant. And anyway, a buyer would see from the paperwork the date of registration so why worry about a week or two. ...I certainly wouldn't. With the apparent no-discount protocol, it also makes no sense to wait until dealers are looking to offload....if, like me, you are ready to change your vehicle.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EightSixteen said:
I just wanted the plate to show that it's one of the 1st as opposed to one of the newest; nothing more than that -an early adopter if you will. Different strokes for different folks though.
I already have a car that was one of the first 50 to roll of the production line in 1996, in launch colour and voted in the top 5 most beautiful production cars for 4yrs after....so sort of understand this. Although I'm guessing that there is no way you will know whether your C-HR is number 5 or 5000?

However, typically it's the first production run that has all of the production line snagging issues and technical faults :(

·
Registered
388 Posts
Same as the above, even though I am putting a private plate on it, when it goes, it will go back as a 17 plate. Dealer agreed it was a sensible strategy if he were valuing it for a trade-in.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My dealer also said that it was better to wait a couple of weeks and get a "17" plate than get the car mid February - although this may have been more a strategy on his part to ensure delivery/meet targets or some other "black art" that car dealers practice!

·
Registered
32 Posts
MarkyMUK said:
Although I'm guessing that there is no way you will know whether your C-HR is number 5 or 5000?
I asked and was told there wasn't, certainly nothing distinguishable on the car or the system.
So the plate is as close as I'm going to get with that.

MarkyMUK said:
However, typically it's the first production run that has all of the production line snagging issues and technical faults :(
Agree completely on this, I have a bad habit of getting everything as quickly as I can after launch; TV's, laptops, phones... all plagued with bugs but remedied down the line. If there's anything serious a recall should sort it. So far everything's worked as expected though, nothing's behaving untoward and I suspect that you're really going to enjoy it when you finally get your hands on her!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Luckily, virtually all of the equipment and technology on the CHR has been tried and tested over a long period in other Toyota vehicles, and I can't see there being any significant teething problems with the car at all. I usually steer well clear of brand new models with all new tech until at least the second year of production.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.