Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me unless I'm missing it currently its the auto lock feature. I know it's just the click of a button to lock, but having had auto lock on my last few cars it's something I need to remember to do now myself. With all the gadgets it has its a shame this isn't one I can find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
I expected the passenger side mirror to auto tilt down when you put the car in reverse. Unlucky. No such option available. I have a very narrow parking lot and rely on the feature parking backwards (busy street much easier and safer to get out). My expectation is based on the fact all my previous Toyotas had the feature the last 15 years. This is similar to auto door lock. Nothing new but very useful they should have just added and give people the option to ON/OFF the puppies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
794 Posts
DrMagical said:
A volume knob would be nice, I hate tapping up and down buttons over and over to get the right volume!
You can press and hold the volume buttons.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,907 Posts
Alexr said:
DrMagical said:
A volume knob would be nice, I hate tapping up and down buttons over and over to get the right volume!
You can press and hold the volume buttons.
what about using the ones on the steering wheel (if that not the ones you are talking about)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Alexr said:
DrMagical said:
A volume knob would be nice, I hate tapping up and down buttons over and over to get the right volume!
You can press and hold the volume buttons.
It's just not the same, nowhere near as intuitive! I see some markets for the CHR have a volume knob (YouTube video of US spec)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
I miss:
Active lane assist, like the Kia Niro and Hyundai Ioniq. Which keeps the car in the center of the lane automatically.

Remembering the last set active cruise control distance.

Anti car jacking auto door lock. (now solved by hacking my own micro processor onto the can bus)

Height adjustable passenger seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
mjvdzwet said:
I miss:
Active lane assist, like the Kia Niro and Hyundai Ioniq. Which keeps the car in the center of the lane automatically.

Remembering the last set active cruise control distance.

Anti car jacking auto door lock. (now solved by hacking my own micro processor onto the can bus)

Height adjustable passenger seat.
How did you hack the micro processor for enable auto door lock? Could the dealer do this to (I'm not so technical myself...).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Jeff said:
How did you hack the micro processor for enable auto door lock? Could the dealer do this to (I'm not so technical myself...).
Unfortunately this cannot be done at the dealer (via Techstream). There is no function in the car for this. I have programmed my own microcontroller (Atmega 32u4) and made a connection via a can bus controller to the main body ecu.

This is not for the faint of heart and requires electronic and programming skills.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
mjvdzwet said:
Jeff said:
How did you hack the micro processor for enable auto door lock? Could the dealer do this to (I'm not so technical myself...).
Unfortunately this cannot be done at the dealer (via Techstream). There is no function in the car for this. I have programmed my own microcontroller (Atmega 32u4) and made a connection via a can bus controller to the main body ecu.

This is not for the faint of heart and requires electronic and programming skills.
Thanks for your reply, I see you live in Holland too, perhaps we could work something out ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Karmalakas said:
It's probably because of your specs. Higher specs C-HR has this
I have the premium edition, with active lane assist.
But it only gives a quick "jolt" in the steeringwheel when you are about to cross the line.

At Kia and Hyundai you only have to keep one finger on the steeringwheel. (Hands free is not allowed like the Toyota.) And the car will follow the road and car in front of you. Even motorway curves are taken without interaction of the driver. So it drives kind of autonimous.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Oh, I see what you mean now. I misunderstood you. Myself never had such a feature, so probably I won't miss it anyway :)
Two features I'd love to have in a C-HR are HUD and hands free trunk opening/closing. But again - never had these and won't miss them :)
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top