Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed up and firstly I would just like to say what a great and helpful forum this is.... looking forward to being a part of it!!

As the title may suggest I have just (yesterday) put an order in for a Nebula Blue, Dynamic, Hybrid C-HR and I can't wait to get hold of it.......although I will have to wait for about 6 WEEKS :eek: :eek: :eek: - this will be challenging :lol:

Thought I would quickly introduce myself and say hello - This is my first Toyota....in fact this car will tick a lot of firsts for me if I think about it - first Toyota, first Hybrid (goodbye dirty diesel), first Blue car (only ever owned white or Black cars), first car without leather seats (for a very long time) - but I love the cloth seats in the Dynamic.

I must admit I have been a bit of a badge / performance snob in the past with my car history ranging from M Sport BMWs, Audi TTs' and Range Rovers (currently driving a RR Evoque) but I am really excited to say the C-HR will be my next car and Toyota has managed to change my views on a lot of these cars now and what you can actually get for your money!!

I was initially knocked over by the futuristic exterior styling, then the interior and level of tech on the Dynamic (and across the range) - is there anything it doesn't come with?

The clincher though was when I test drove it - I was a bit sceptical after watching a few youtube videos of people slating the CVT gearing, etc. but I really don't think they understand how to drive it....after just 5 minutes behind the wheel I settled into one of the most (if not the most) comfortable driving seats and pleasurable driving experiences I have had - and that is saying something coming from a Rangy!!!

Anyway..... Can't wait to hand the Range Rover in and pick up my new Toyota (never thought I would ever say that) :D

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Hello and welcome, there are a few things missing that you can live without which I'm sure that people will let you know about ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome along big goj
Was torn between a the nebula blue myself and pearl white went for the white.
Like u I watched plenty off reviews about the CVT and as u say it's down to people getting in and planting the their right foot not knowing how to drive it.
I collect mine tomorrow

Like u I was well impressed with the comfort off it and those seats wow.
That's saying something if yur getting rid off the RR for the CHR.
6 weeks will fly by.
Welcome.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to the forum BIG GOJ.

I have had my Nebula Blue Dynamic for 4-weeks now and still smile every time I walk up to it! I have the 1.2 turbo CVT version. When the sun is out - which isn't often at the moment alas - the metallic blue looks stunning.

Like you - this is my first ever Toyota too & I was smitten when I first saw a C-HR on the road just a few months ago. So far I have been very impressed. It still turns heads & people do come up to you and ask you what it is. I had a whole group of admirer's looking all around it yesterday at Sutton Scotney Services on the A34.

I have only ever had 'normal' torque converter auto boxes before & wasn't sure how I would get on with a CVT. As others have mentioned on here ; all it takes is a little getting used to & a slight change in how you drive. I haven't had a single problem and find it lovely and smooth to drive. The 1.2 turbo has a surprisingly punchy little engine & is very good on fuel. I am sure you will love your new 1.8 Hybrid equally as much.

Great choice of car and welcome to Toyota C-HR ownership!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just had email saying my nebula blue dynamic hybrid has arrived. :) But got to wait till thursday to pick it up due to Easter. :-(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome !!!

Pretty jealous of those having already got theirs or collecting them very soon .... I will be counting the sleeps until mine arrives 😉.

I will post some pics when she arrives .... hopefully on a sunny day and looking all shiny 😎

·
Registered
521 Posts
Welcome, you're not far from me, I'm in Portishead and like you I came from Mercedes and BMWs, but loving the car and that's a year down the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts